PDA

View Full Version : Of Those Who Have Beaten Super Castlevania IV...

Modus Ponens
11-12-2002, 04:49 PM
I vote for the second option. It is fun to play again, what with the difficulty being higher, and all, but eventually I just get bored, having just seen all the same stuff a little while ago.

I am curious about what happens at the end of the game if you beat it twice in a row.

slothman
11-12-2002, 05:08 PM
I haven't heard of any second quest. How do you access it?

Dart Zaidyer
11-12-2002, 06:18 PM
The "second quest" comes after the credits are done. It's just like the first quest, only there are a few more enemies here and there and many enemies take an extra hit to kill. By the way, it even has it's own passwords.

Dracula
11-12-2002, 06:23 PM
I've beaten it... Plenty of times, may I ask... It's a little harder, but... meh... I still find CV3 harder.

MottZilla
11-12-2002, 06:49 PM
I had no idea... after the credits I just close out really.

Daarkseid
11-12-2002, 07:34 PM
I played this Second Quest of sorts, and its actually its sort of throwback to the older Konami titles. Games like Castlevania and Contra would allow you to play their games over from the beginning, but with all lives and points accrued from the previous game. The new game is harder than the previous, and beating it only allows you to see the credits again, then to play the game again. The only point I would see to continually playing it is to see how many lives and points you can score by being so freakishly committed to playing the game in one sitting.

Qusetonui
11-12-2002, 10:11 PM
I just beat Super Castlevania 4 again, but the final boss and Death are cool and frustrating. Dracula himself is pretty hard, if you do not know what you are doing. The ending is better than Castlevania 3 because the footage in the credits is moving, not still footage. If you think that Castlevania 3's ending is better then shoot me. :)

I have to say that there is a spoiler alert ahead! Don't read ahead unless you beat Dracula already...

The best way to defeat Dracula is the cross/boomerang and alternating with the longest whip. On his second form, watch out when he shoots his lightning (fire columns from Dracula's first form from Castlevania 3, anyone?)

End of Alucard's spoiler...