PDA

View Full Version : trigger question -

eatyourneighbors
11-12-2002, 02:51 PM
alright...long ago when i was an advid user of zq (build 1.90 i think...) i understood the logic behind using convey combos and side/pit warps, etc... to create animation...i understand that. but i've been playing some quests lately and it seems that by pressing the "a" or "b" button, it can warp you to a new screen... for instance, a merchant is rambling to link about his past life experiences and sexual encounters...when his three lines of text are up, press "a" and he goes on three more lines. i know how to do this using layers or "invisible link" now and sidewarps...but how does this work with the "a" button?

at first i thought it had to do with the enemy "trigger". but then i realized you'd need a weapon to do that anyway, and i've been seeing this in opening sequences of quests, before the character would have any weapons...its probably a simple thing, i just haven't learned it yet...

anyone shed light on this?

Starkist
11-12-2002, 03:03 PM
In the newest version of ZC you can have scrolling text. Use the string editor to link multiple strings together and then when you are in the game and on the screen with someone using the first of these screens, you can press your button at the end and more text will scroll up.

I hope this is what you were talking about.

eatyourneighbors
11-12-2002, 03:05 PM
haha...yes, indeed it was! thanks starkist...god, this is fun. although i must say, it takes some of the ingenuity out of the whole thing!...er...not that i'm compaining. haha.

Jigglysaint
11-12-2002, 03:44 PM
Don't, at least not untill you tackle proper events.