PDA

View Full Version : Everquest

Jigglysaint
11-12-2002, 02:13 PM
I have decided to write a term paper on the effects of video game addictions and since Everquest is, right now, the game that is getting much attention, I have decided to include it in my paper.

I know there are some people who have played the game, so I'm asking: What is the game like? How much do you enjoy it? What is the official url to the game site?

Also, are there any other games out there that are addictive? Does anybody have a true video game addiction like I do? Are there any articles that anybody has found that deals with video game addiction?

Any answers will be much appreciated, and possibly used if it is allowed.

theplustwo
11-12-2002, 02:22 PM
Heh, now if you get cought using the boards at school, you can say it is for an assignment, and not be lying :P

Jigglysaint
11-12-2002, 02:25 PM
LOL Problem is that I have a proposal due in an hour, so I'd better get thinking.

teddyboy420
11-12-2002, 02:46 PM
I never played PC EQ, but I'm beta testing EQ on PS2 so I know a little bit about the game.

It's basically a virtual world where you can shape your character any way you like. Attributes, armor, weapons and so on are all cutomizable, you gain money and experience by killing monsters and such. Besides your character, there are NPC's, and other players who populate the world known as Norath. You are free to make groups, guilds, and go off questing. There is a basically never-ending, constantly evolving story that is different for each character and class. It really is it's own world in alot of ways, you have alot of freedom and I think that is what people like about it.

Personally, I can't understand why or how, people can be "addicted" to it. I understand it's a good, revolutionary game, but I don't feel the urge to spend all my free time on it.

Breaker
11-12-2002, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by teddyboy420

Personally, I can't understand why or how, people can be "addicted" to it. I understand it's a good, revolutionary game, but I don't feel the urge to spend all my free time on it.

You haven't played enough. ;)

deathbyhokie
11-12-2002, 03:30 PM
evercrack....ha. who is it that plays the demo of the sims online? it's the same idea, only with diffrent delivery. and there is a group on yahoo, i think, called everquest widows. it's massively addictive.

Jigglysaint
11-12-2002, 03:31 PM
I think that put's everything into perspective.

As for my paper, I think I'm going to talk about the addictive quality of the games.. So far, I heard that everquest, Unreal Torunament, and somthing else are pretty addictive.