PDA

View Full Version : Tornadoes in Five States

Jemsee
11-12-2002, 10:26 AM
http://www1.evertek.net/~gchalland/badweather.jpg
News Link (http://news.yahoo.com/fc?tmpl=fc&cid=34&in=us&cat=severe_weather)
More than 70 reported tornadoes cut a path of destruction from Louisiana to Pennsylvania.

I am wondering if any of our members are/were affected by the storms this last weekend.

I count anywhere from 10 to 20 that could be.
So what is the news on the storm front?
Anyone make it to OZ?

Shadowblazer
11-12-2002, 10:35 AM
Damn. There was a tornado warning in my area yesterday morning, but aside from some nasty winds that somehow didn't even take out the power (it seems like usually one good gust is all it takes to send us back to the dark ages around here). I heard that there was at least one town in Alabama though that was pretty much wiped off the map. Like 200+ people died. Pretty frightening.

Teilyr
11-12-2002, 10:52 AM
Freaks me out too.. It went from being in the low 40's to having friggin' tornadoes. Freaky weather.

I live in the piedmont of NC, but all we got was a shit load of rain.. So, we were lucky.

But, I saw some pics of Tennessee yesterday on the news... It breaks my heart to see people in that situation. :(

Demimore
11-12-2002, 10:57 AM
Me too.... And I get a little scared when I hear these things.... It makes me worried.... But I find them interesting.... I always watch avery movie or program about these things.

deathbyhokie
11-12-2002, 11:20 AM
while we didn't have tornadoes we had a thunderstorm. and a sudden one too. i was sitting here, working on some BS RM2K deal and all of a sudden it was pouring outside. the wind was bad, and trees were being blown around. but no tornadoes. and most of the dorms around here are built out of stone for some reason. hopefully it's harder to lift than other materials

teddyboy420
11-12-2002, 12:24 PM
We just got rain here in NJ, but it's horrible what happened in those places hit by the storms. My heart goes out to them all.

Wanna hear something freaky?

Sunday night/Monday morning I had a dream that a tornado was ripping my house(but it wasn't really my house) appart. I remember trying to protect my liitle girl and g/f while the roof of the house was ripped off. I also remember being there after the tornado and we were all looking at the wreckage trying to live in the shell of our destroyed house. I also remember snow??, and walking down a road?

I think that I was seeing through someone else's eyes, or witnessing what happened that morning, somehow. It's just a hell of a coincedence that I have a dream of a tornado tearing my house apart, then I wake up to find that there were like 30 tornados that hit that morning. :shrug:

stormwatcheagle
11-12-2002, 01:15 PM
I live in the middle of tornd alley and the day went without a hitch. Not a drop of rain or any wind.:confuse2:

Ich
11-12-2002, 01:21 PM
I think I remember IceMan2x is from Pittsburgh. Maybe he hasn't posted recently 'cause he's dead.

mike5000
11-12-2002, 01:45 PM
i live in lake county of Ohio so I just lucked out with only Severe T-storm warnings!

Joshua Milton N
11-12-2002, 02:06 PM
I was going to make a post about that happening but I might as well not post it at all.

Drunken Tiger
11-12-2002, 09:01 PM
Ouch, that sucks...

All we had last night was gale force winds..... :(

Hope all of yous are ok!!

AlexMax
11-12-2002, 09:12 PM
I didn't know it hit NC too... :/