PDA

View Full Version : Mmm...PSO...

NerdWarrior
11-10-2002, 01:07 PM
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
TOO MANY GAMES!
BRAIN...OV..ER..LO...

Ahem.

Strolling over to various websites, I looked at what was in and stuff.
Right after drooling around the house, I looked at the reviews for this game.
The reviews confused me.
Anyways, AGN is known for its wisdom, so...have you gotten PSO for the GCN, and what do you think of it? I heard there's an online fee, and there's no keyboard either...

Mak-X
11-10-2002, 01:32 PM
EGM gave scores like 10, 9.5, 9.0. Its $9 a month for online play. They said Sega promised a keyboard upon launch.

NerdWarrior
11-10-2002, 01:36 PM
Reading more, I found that while there is no kybard for NA, chat/keyboard is controlled by the C-stick, so you can still move...
Plus, the first month of online play is free. I'm gonna get it. I can't rent it, so I'll just get it. Hey, there's always multi-player.

Mak-X
11-10-2002, 05:09 PM
Here are the websites for Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 and 2.

http://www.sonicteam.com/pso/

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/nom/0209/index.html

I want to play it, but that requires me to get a GCN modem, and pay the monthly fee of $9, and a new ISP since AOL probably won't work and I can't afford that right now. But this is one game I really really want to play.

NerdWarrior
11-11-2002, 09:26 PM
Yeah, AoHell is a fucking bitch. That close...but now I have to get the modem (again, I returned it when it didn't work), and convince my parents to get rid of AOHell. I'll probably make a reference to price...hehe...
AOHELL!
Oh well, the offline mode is still pretty good. :)

Maverick_Zero
11-11-2002, 10:13 PM
:badrazz: I'll just stick to the single player Phantasy Star Games thank you! **hugs Genesis**

Warlock
11-11-2002, 10:47 PM
I thought PSO had a single player mode. Sure, it wasn't what was intended, but I don't think I would shell out the cash for the modem for just that game. There would have to be some really really good titles for me to do that. If PSO has a single player mode, I may rent it or something, otherwise, no big deal. I'm not all that excited about it.

NerdWarrior
11-11-2002, 11:01 PM
No one is renting it...cause you need unique serial+stuff to play online. *shrug* They don't want complaints.

stormwatcheagle
11-12-2002, 12:40 AM
I'd love to play with you guys, but no way i'm paying money to play a game I OWN. Just another way for the gaming industry to rip us off...

Hermit
11-12-2002, 03:29 AM
You're not paying to play a game you own, you're paying to have access to, and use the public server provided by a company willing to host it... none of which you own.