PDA

View Full Version : This is starting to irritate me...

Ibis, God of Magicks
11-09-2002, 07:54 PM
For those tha haven't herd, the state I live in, VA, has first crack at the sniper suspects. Wich is cool, cause VA is harder on criminals, VA just loves a good death sentance...

What is bugging me, is everyone is happy about it. Front page of the Richmon Times Dispatch: "We Get First Crack!" I turned on the radio, and the DJ was all "we get fist crack at the suckes"

What the hell is this "we" shit? "we" ain't ll gonna e in the couthousem "we" ain't all gonna be the prosocuter, "we" ain'tall gonna be the judge, the jury, or the exectioner.

Okay, I'm done...

inori
11-09-2002, 08:07 PM
Well, technically, the prosecutor in a state criminal case represents "The people of the state of (state)," because criminal acts are considered crimes against the people of the state. So the prosecutor in the case will legally be representing everyone in Virginia, including you. :blah:

slothman
11-09-2002, 10:36 PM
Ok, I need to knoe. What is "suckes"? Is is suspects?

AlphaDawg
11-09-2002, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Ibis_god_of_Magicks
What the hell is this "we" shit? "we" ain't ll gonna e in the couthousem "we" ain't all gonna be the prosocuter, "we" ain'tall gonna be the judge, the jury, or the exectioner.Inori's explanation is correct, but I feel I have a little something to add.

This phenomenon is probably closely tied with the one where when a person's favorite sports team wins they say "We won!" (And of course when the team loses they say "they lost.")

I think there's actually a sociological term for this phenomenon... if I feel like it maybe I'll look in one of my old textbooks (I saved the ones I couldn't get much resale value for) and post what I find.

P.S. Ibis, are you all right tonight? When I first read your post I thought for a moment lighting-sleaze was trying to evade a ban again.

Ibis, God of Magicks
11-10-2002, 06:01 PM
Ya, I'm great, peachy actually. Just that my keboard is crap. My cat keeps knocking drinks over onto it. *Bad Kitty!* I try to find all the typo's, sorry for the ones I miss....

And slothman: It was suppposed to be "suckers"