PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone even HEARD of Suikoden besides me?

3-Headed Monkey
11-09-2002, 04:25 PM
Yes, I know that I've posted this before, but I didn't get much response. I'm just curious, because Suikoden is my absolute favorite game.

For those of you who don't know Suikoden (otherwise known as Genso Suikoden) is a Konami PSX RPG. It wasn't a big commercial game like any of the Final Fantasies, but I will tell you right here right now that as much as I like the FFs, Suikoden is a lot better.

There's also Suikoden 2 on PSX, which I also love, and Suikoden 3 on PS2 that just came out, and I own but haven't played yet (I'm anxiously waiting for Thanksgiving break).

And for those of you who are curious, Suikogaiden is a different game by Konami, but it is a side story to Suikoden (hence the "gaiden"). Unfortunatelly, Konami hasn't released them in the US, and in all likeliness, never will.

Teilyr
11-09-2002, 07:12 PM
I have.. I beat it too. It was alot of fun. Did you like 1 or 2 more?

mike5000
11-09-2002, 08:21 PM
I have suikoden 1 and also beat it! it had bad graphics but had a great story line!

teddyboy420
11-09-2002, 08:51 PM
I just got Suikoden III for PS2 today, I'll let you know what I think of it.

3-Headed Monkey
11-09-2002, 10:55 PM
I have.. I beat it too. It was alot of fun. Did you like 1 or 2 more?

Well, I liked 1 better, but I've only played through 2 once, and it wasn't until the third time through Suikoden 1 that it became my favorite game. I know that sounds strange, but I didn't really pay much attention to the story the first two times, I just thought it was fun to get all of the characters (which it was and still is).

I just got Suikoden III for PS2 today, I'll let you know what I think of it.

I'm hoping it's as good as the first two!

Drunken Tiger
11-10-2002, 02:47 AM
Ive heard of it but i have never played it before.... :shrug:

Tygore
11-10-2002, 09:29 PM
Heard of it from you. That's the only reason I know anything of it at least.

stormwatcheagle
11-11-2002, 12:59 AM
Seen it at the store, read a review or two. But to say it's better than FF, you better have something to back that up, cause on a game forum, them's fightin words.

3-Headed Monkey
11-11-2002, 06:45 PM
Just play through the whole game, get all of the characters, and tell me it's NOT better than FF.
But, if you were to do that, you'd have to start with the first one, because the 2nd one and probably the 3rd one aren't as good unless you play the first one. And it's somewhat hard to find, but I think you can usually get it at Gamestop.com

mrz84
11-11-2002, 07:22 PM
i've heard of it and wanted to try it but until recently i didn't have playstation so i couldn't. now that i do i'm gonna at least rent it whenever i get the first chance. :kawaii:

Demimore
11-12-2002, 01:17 PM
Yes. But I DONT like PS RPGs.... I dont like ANYTHING for Playstation, I prefer SEGA, and NINTENDO at some times.

3-Headed Monkey
11-12-2002, 05:24 PM
You don't like ANYTHING Playstation?
Fanboy?

mrz84
11-13-2002, 01:06 AM
well i guess demmore misses out on final fantasy games 7-11 then. as well as ff tactics and ff anthologies and chronicles*which included chrono tirgger with dbz guy akira toriyama doing anime cut scenes added in* as well as some other great stuff like the possibly best castlevania game ever made and of course *whacks self with mallet-sama to prevent going on. slumps to floor*

Demimore
11-13-2002, 05:44 AM
To tell the truth.... I dont like any FF game.... I dont know why, I just can't enjoy them.... Sorry.... But I like JRPGs usually.... Just not FF, only the NES FF games.... ;)

mrz84
11-13-2002, 11:19 AM
:sweat: well that seems reasonale i guess since that's what ya think, we shouldn't push our opinions on good games onto you so if you don't want to play them then that's your decision. if ya ever change your mind, well you just do whatever seems best. :kawaii:

teddyboy420
11-13-2002, 01:59 PM
I'm really geting into Suikoden III, so far it's a really good game :thumbsup:

I like how customizable the charecters are, you have just about complete control of their strengths and upgrades. The story is pretty good, but the dialog can be a little corny at times, but that's my ONLY complaint.

I'd give Suikoden III for the PS2 4 1/2 out of 5 stars.

3-Headed Monkey
11-13-2002, 06:52 PM
Yes, in Suikoden 2 the dialog was corny, the reason why is Konami barely funds it and then rushes it to the release date. In Suikoden 2 there were tons of translation errors. Teddyboy, have you played the first two? I imagine you'll like the third one better if you did. Also, is Viktor and Flik in it? They're characters that are VERY significant in the first two.

gdorf
11-13-2002, 07:39 PM
I've always read about them in mags, but have never run across any of them. Maybe I'll just ebay it cuzz this sounds like a game I'd really like.

3-Headed Monkey
11-13-2002, 09:07 PM
The thing that made me like Suikoden is that the story is more realistic. I know that might sound weird coming from me, but that's one reason I liked it. I mean, aside from magic, they pretty much have a story that fits human nature better than most RPGs. It's simply about war in a semi-LotR type world. (key word is semi, it's not a lot like LotR)