PDA

View Full Version : TimeSplitters 2 question

Erasul
11-09-2002, 11:16 AM
TS2 is my first FPS and I can't aim worth shit. I have auto-aim on but it doesn't seem to do anything. How do you get it to work?

Ian
11-09-2002, 11:19 AM
You need to be relativley far away from the person for auto-aim to work. I usually don't aim anyways, unless i'm trying to sniper them all down.Just keep trying, and after a while, you'll get the hang of aiming.

AlexMax
11-09-2002, 11:20 AM
Use the fourth default controller arrangement (if you are using the GC veersion). It's a tad easier once you use it.

If you have no clue what I am talking baout...this is how you want your twin sticks set up... (Try and pick a default with this, because I hear there is a SP bug with customized controls)

Left stick Up/Down - Move forward/back
Left stick Left/Right - Turn Left/Right
Right stick Up/Down - Look Down/Up (Or inverse that if you want)
Right stick Left/Right - Strafe (Sidedstep) Left/Right

It's a LOT easier using those controls.

Erasul
11-09-2002, 11:26 AM
I was thinkning about changing the controls to something like that. I guess I'll try that, thanks.

It's the GC version, btw.

Ian
11-09-2002, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by AlexMax
Use the fourth default controller arrangement (if you are using the GC veersion). It's a tad easier once you use it.

If you have no clue what I am talking baout...this is how you want your twin sticks set up... (Try and pick a default with this, because I hear there is a SP bug with customized controls)

Left stick Up/Down - Move forward/back
Left stick Left/Right - Turn Left/Right
Right stick Up/Down - Look Down/Up (Or inverse that if you want)
Right stick Left/Right - Strafe (Sidedstep) Left/Right

It's a LOT easier using those controls.

That's almost what I use, except I have it on custom change, much easier to use than the set modes. I can have the feel of goldeneye in it, with some PD twists to the controls.

Blonde799
11-09-2002, 11:50 AM
Unfortunately, you can't rely on auto-aim too much in TS2, although it's the best way to do some of the AL levels. The distance of the target doesn't matter for auto-aim to work. For auto-aim to be successful, your weapon has to be in the general direction of the enemy, and even then, it probably won't work.

In other words, you have about a 40% chance of actually hitting the enemy with auto-aim. In goldeneye though, auto-aim was a lot easier.

Heh, the homing launcher doesn't need auto-aim.:evil:

Erasul
11-09-2002, 01:39 PM
The game is much more enjoyable with the new set of controls I'm using. I just got it yesterday and me and my dad were playing deathmatch and we had no idea what we were doing.