PDA

View Full Version : A problem with bossflags

Petoe
11-09-2002, 06:16 AM
I planned that my quest would be full of events using bossflags, but I have a huge problem: When I kill the boss and finish the level, somewhere else (using those bossflags) should happen something, but nothing happens. In this case the boss is on the different map than the place that changes (or should change). But I have another level where killing boss triggers something, and it works! But it´s on the same map.

So it works if the event happens on the same map as the boss is, but not when the event is on different map (at least not for me). I mean, should I even be able to make events like the way that the boss is on different map (I don´t mean the Dmap) and the change that should be triggered after killing the boss, on another map. I have checked the "dungeon boss" and have a trigger enemy on the other screen, and the level numbers are the same...

:confuse2:

Teilyr
11-09-2002, 12:02 PM
Unless I'm mistaken, trigger enemies can only be killed with the kill all enemies item.

Admittedly, I'm still a novice at using boss flags for nifty things.. So, hopefully C-Dawg or someone who knows more about this will come around.

Praethus
11-09-2002, 12:12 PM
They do not have to be on the same map, but they have to be the same Level number, and it has to be greater than 0, I believe. Make sure you have the boss flag checked on BOTH screens. The screen with the boss, and the screen with the event. And if the event involves secrets being triggered make sure you have the Enemies -> Secret flag checked. It has a habit of becoming unchecked sometimes. If this doesnt help, then elaborate more on your problem and I'll see if I can help.

Petoe
11-09-2002, 02:41 PM
Sorry guys, false alarm! Stupid me...I just forgot to check "enemies -> secret". But thanks anyway. :sweat:
Sometimes when something doesn´t work I make a hasty decision and come here to cry for help...but maybe someone benefits from this.

zora man
11-09-2002, 06:01 PM
I just recently figured out how to use events it's really easy when you figure out how it works.

Jigglysaint
11-10-2002, 12:49 AM
Actually, it can be used on level 0, or overworld. At least I think it can.

plith
11-10-2002, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by zora man
I just recently figured out how to use events it's really easy when you figure out how it works.

Gee, thanks for letting us know.

idontknow
11-22-2002, 08:24 PM
i dont think i understand u guys completely; is it that u want secret tiles to show up after you kill a boss?...@ least thats what i want...whats the trigger enemy do?....and what are the boss flags?

plith
11-22-2002, 10:16 PM
This is somewhat more complex, putting it lightly. When we say bossflags, we're actually referring to the Enemy Flag called Dugeon Boss. When all enemies on a screen marked Dungeon Boss are killed, all other enemies on all other screens in DMaps with the same level number are automatically killed as well, allowing you to use secret flags on that screen instead, as a remote triggering effect. The trigger enemy is invisible and has no effect on the screen except that it can be killed through the use of boss flags, triggering a secret.

ShadowTiger
11-25-2002, 11:43 AM
Oh yeah. I have a question. Can there be only 1 Trigger on: (And select 1.)

1) a Dmap.

2) A map.

3) A level #.

Thank you.

Jigglysaint
11-25-2002, 02:20 PM
A D-map is a level, so there are only 2 choices.

Each D-map(including level 0) has several things unique to it. 2, and in later betas, 3 of those things are the map, compass, and boss key. The other thing that is unique is the boss flags. The boss flag was created as part of the re-creation of levels in Zelda 1. What the boss flag does, is makes sure that all enemies in the room it was checked in stays dead, and that the roar sounds for the dungeon are turned off. I bet most of you forgot that there are screen flags that can be checked to make sounds appear in the room just like in level 1 where you can hear that you are a room away from a boss. Events has basically made this old system sort of not needed anymore. It's in the plans to make global triggers that would basically be like having more boss flags, but with more options and such.

One more thing you can note is that you can use one room as a trigger, and have more than one room be triggered. It doesn't have to be one room only that gets triggered.

ShadowTiger
11-25-2002, 04:21 PM
Ah yes, Thank you Jigglysaint. But I was probably talking about Level #! (Like Dungeon #1 is Level 1.) Trust me, I know what a Dmap is, (But try to explain it to someone else.. :rolleyes: ) But thank you for your reassurance of that.

And just so you know, I think that you give out some -very- thorough explanations that really help people. It's very detailed, and when they're through reading it, they almost certainly know what you're talking about. Kudos, Friend. :thumbsup: