PDA

View Full Version : What tiles should i use? Original or custum

Busta
11-08-2002, 10:55 PM
I want to make a zelda-like quest. I am not sure what tileset i should use though, because i like the original one, but no one else seems to like it as well. I also don't want to go stealing someone elses tileset without permission. Anyone have a suggestion on what to make the game look like?

Teilyr
11-08-2002, 11:15 PM
Custom sets own. I suggest you head over to PureZC, and click on the tilesets section on the right hand section of the page. We have most, if not all really good tilesets.

Click the button in my sig to go there.

Raichu86
11-09-2002, 01:00 AM
Generally, using somebody else's tileset isn't considered stealing. If they put it up for download, they want people to use it. When people use my set, I'm not angry, I'm honored. ;)

fingolfin
11-10-2002, 01:08 PM
I suggest custom. I've never really liked the original tiles (but that's just me). If anything, download a lot of tilesets and take the tiles you want from them, and make your own tileset. That's what i do.

plith
11-10-2002, 01:23 PM
*Starts chanting* Desc-end-ant, Desc-end-ant....

You know you want to.

Zaggarum
11-10-2002, 08:10 PM
Hey busta I like the original tiles. I still make quests with those. If you don't want to use someone elses tiles, download 1.90. In the Zip file it has example quests with BS style and Zelda 4 style. Just export the graphics pack and use those. :thumbsup:

Busta
11-11-2002, 12:47 AM
I would, but for some reason 1.90 doesn't work on my computer. When i load up ZQuest it just scrambles up. So i'm using 1.92 beta, but it didn't come with the bs style or zelda 4 tileset.:(

Zaggarum
11-11-2002, 01:00 AM
Still no worry. Just open the example quests in 1.92. Its that simple and then export graphics packs. You can get 1.90 at the ZC website.

VEL
11-11-2002, 01:43 AM
You can get the newest version of the BS tiles here.
http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58122

KJAZZ
11-11-2002, 02:01 AM
*hypnotized by pliths post* Muuuust....use....Descendant tiles..

Uhh, well, to answer your question, whatever you want. Some people judge a quest only by graphics, which is stupid. I myself don't care what graphics you use, but no matter what you use, try to make some custom tiles in it. If it's just the old classic set, it might be a little bland. Spice it up with some new tiles. Be creative. So on and so forth, yadda yadda yadda.

*returns to being mezmorized by Descendant*

Ganonator
11-11-2002, 04:29 PM
Most people will look at a classic tileset and think that it isn't as challenging as a custom one.. that's probably why most quests that are released today have custom *just a though :D

Zaggarum
11-11-2002, 08:04 PM
Busta don't let them fool you! Trust you instincts! :blah:

:cry: Oh man it double posted.