PDA

View Full Version : Rare on GBA

Warlock
11-08-2002, 01:10 AM
http://pocket.ign.com/articles/376/376678p1.html

For those who are interested, yes they are still making GBA games. Although the three games they were supposively working on don't look all that interesting to me.

MottZilla
11-08-2002, 02:18 AM
I have to agree. Not really interested.

mrz84
11-08-2002, 12:19 PM
i am not impressed.....

Warlock
11-08-2002, 01:07 PM
I dunno, it seems to me that Rare doesn't really have any decent francises to bring to the GBA. I'd almost rather see their old SNES/NES stuff ported over or something. Maybe even some of the oldskool stuff like the original Sabrewolf (which I havn't played but it's supposed to be fun I guess).

But yeah, I've always disliked the Diddy Racing series (or at least I hated the N64 title), I've always hated Banjo in general, and this new Sabrewulf doesn't look that interesting (seems almost like a DKC ripoff or something)

I'd say bring Perfect Dark over, but the GBC PD game SUCKED. I have it. The game *could* have been good. But it is just impossible to aim and crap. In a way it reminds me of controlling Resident Evil for the first time (not that the controls were the same, but they were that bizarre), but without the general comfort you eventually gain with the controls in that game.

Dracula
11-08-2002, 02:53 PM
They should make some kickass FPS games, I think... I'm starting to get into 3D games on GBA...

Warlock
11-08-2002, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Dracula
They should make some kickass FPS games, I think... I'm starting to get into 3D games on GBA...

Nah, all their good people left. All the people responsible for Goldeneye and Perfect Dark moved to whatever team did Timespliters 2 (which reminds me, I really need to play that). Now if THAT team did a GBA shooter, it would surely be good :D

MottZilla
11-08-2002, 04:50 PM
GBA doesn't really have great capabilities for a shooter though. Look at Doom 1&2. Sure they used mode 7. But there were issues with a lack of memory so corpses didn't stay long and shit. Doom is a relatively low requirement game too. Yet still too much for the GBA. So... 3D shooter? Don't expect much over Doom.

Raichu86
11-09-2002, 12:35 AM
I've been wanting Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge ever since I saw pics of it on E3 2000. :p Glad to see it's still in the works.