PDA

View Full Version : So, now that you've played them both, which GTA is better?

Orion
11-08-2002, 12:12 AM
Well, Vice City has been out there for a little over a week now (I grabbed the last copy available in my area on launch day, hehe), which one do you think is better? Me? Well, I'm down with the 80's and all, I grew up in them, but I just think GTA3 had a better all around feel to it. So GTA 3 still holds that special place in my heart.

MottZilla
11-08-2002, 02:29 AM
I haven't played it yet. I'll tell you in about 6 months when hopefully the pc version will hit.

Katana
11-09-2002, 09:25 PM
The reason I think so many people are saying GTA3 is better is because well GTA:VC is GTA3 really re-done. All the aspects of GTA3 are there either the same or improved. Throw in a different setting and different things and that’s what GTAVC, I’m not saying that’s bad but IMO that’s what it is. When playing GTA:VC at least for me you never stop and say “Wow I don’t believe that happened” or “Whoah that was awesome” because you’ve seen it all before. I still think GTA:VC is good but it didn’t have the same impact that GTA3 had on me.

teddyboy420
11-10-2002, 03:16 AM
Wow, tough question. Hmmm.

GTA3 did have a bigger impact on me, it was definatley more revolutionary than GTA:VC and when I was playing it, it was alot of fun to notice and find the crazy shit that happens and that you can do. Also the feel of the game was different, you started out with no contacs and built your way up, and as you did, more of Liberty City became available (I think this has alot to do with it). I also think Liberty City was a better setting than Vice City, it just had a better "mood".

GTA:VC IS GTA3 extended. You can obviously tell that it was built with the same engine, only tweaked out. You can do a lot more things in VC, like ride Motorcycles (still can't get over how frigggin fun they are), and helicopters, go inside buildings, change your clothes and so on.

I really think that what VC is lacking, IMHO, is that feeling like you are a criminal working your way to the top. THAT"S IT! (I couldn't quite put my finger on it til now). Also, in Liberty City, you had the feeling you were in a big city, which I liked more than Vice City b/c it feeled, well darker.

GTA:VC is still an AWSOME game, and one that I would recomend to anyone.

NerdWarrior
11-10-2002, 01:30 PM
Where's the option for GTA1?

teddyboy420
11-10-2002, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by NerdWarrior
Where's the option for GTA1?

You're kidding right? GTA1 was an interesting game, but I don't even think it was close to GTA3 or Vice City

MottZilla
11-10-2002, 11:03 PM
I agree. GTA, GTA2, way behind GTA3.

Drunken Tiger
11-11-2002, 02:45 AM
I havent played GTA 3 yet... So i would have to choose GTA2 as my favourite..... :p

teddyboy420
11-12-2002, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Drunken Tiger
I havent played GTA 3 yet... So i would have to choose GTA2 as my favourite..... :p

If you have a PS2, you NEED to get GTA3. It is definatley a MUST HAVE.

GTA and GTA2 aren't even in the same class

Flame Boy
11-14-2002, 10:18 PM
I would say GTA:3 as well, Vice was sweet since it has motorcycles and helicopters and a big vehicle range and alot more weapons, but 3 was just kinda magical and the missions seemed more fun for me. In a sense Vice seems to repeat them but in different forms.. thus GTA:3

PrfectGREG
11-14-2002, 10:32 PM
Honostly I HATED Gta3 I never played it didn see the fuss. I onyl have 25% since it came out...

Vice City I LOVE I dont know why. It has more attitude your someone, not a speech less Jerk, Tommy owns all. The 80's have never been so cool. Over all VC is GTA3 with class and supiriority. Right now I am 60% I got all 100 packages and I am going for 100!!!!!!!!

I love VC!

Ibis, God of Magicks
11-15-2002, 12:19 PM
'm gonna have to say GTA 3. VC just didn't hav enough pedestrains waking around. The motercycles were a pain to control (though the stunts you could do were cool) the city wasn't as fun, and like you siad, it just didnt have the feel to it that GTA 3 had.