PDA

View Full Version : so you've killed yourself a deer.....

cyberkitten
11-07-2002, 05:45 PM
and your not sure what to do with the head? no problem! apparently you can just toss it into a dumpster behind your local strip mall. at least that's the story i got from the local police department and game warden. this definately wins the prize for the weirdest thing i've seen this month:

http://www.soulfactory.com/agn/deerhead.jpg

http://www.soulfactory.com/agn/deerhead2.jpg

what the fuck? i mean...is this the redneck version of the mafia's horse head in your bed? i swear to god i'm a magnet for freakish people and occurences.

deathbyhokie
11-07-2002, 05:56 PM
y not get it stuffed and mounted? i can't tell from the pic, but it looks like a decent buck

Jigglysaint
11-07-2002, 06:11 PM
Doe!

Yoshiman
11-07-2002, 06:15 PM
Eew... I can't handle stuff like that... *runs to bathroom*

deathbyhokie
11-07-2002, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Jigglysaint
Doe!

looks like there's an antler on the left side of it's head

cyberkitten
11-07-2002, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Jigglysaint
Doe!

actually, it is a buck. but one of it's antlers is broken off. which i would imagine is why it wasn't stuffed and mounted but i'm still not sure why or how it ended up in the dumpster.
and as a bonus, the box to the lower left of the head in the bottom picture is full of organs and various other bambi entrails.
icky-poo.

Monica
11-07-2002, 06:37 PM
Ewww gross...>_< My dad has one mountainted on the wall beside his computer, but he doesn't do stuff like that, to his kills.

Jigglysaint
11-07-2002, 08:18 PM
Perhaps if I had added the /Homer Simpson/ tag, it would have been funnier. I knew it wasn't a doe, but since it sounds the same as doh! Homer's trademark, I though it was kind of funny since a doe is a deer. Nevermind.

deathbyhokie
11-07-2002, 08:20 PM
so are they gonna try to find out who did it? and what could they charge them with?

teddyboy420
11-07-2002, 08:53 PM
I doubt the person who did that could be charged with anything, since the box next to the head contained the entrails it was probably killed by a hunter.

It didn't look like a bad buck, it was at least a six pointer before it lost it's other antler. That probably is the reason it's head was thrown away, the hunter probably saw it in the woods and thought it had a full rack. After he shot it he realized it only had 1/2 a rack and got so mad that he cut the dead deer's head off and threw it in a dumpster.

Of course, I liked the redneck mafia version of the story too :D

cyberkitten
11-07-2002, 10:10 PM
heh...they're not going to do anything as far as i know because it's not illegal. that's the part i thought was really odd. i would have thought there would be some sort of disposal procedure for things like that, but what do i know? but if the deer was butchered at a shop, why did the butcher return the head?