PDA

View Full Version : Best macintosh commercial

Duka Lt
11-06-2002, 03:36 PM
http://www.wiredvideo.com/public/video/apple_gamer.wmv :) you need windows media player to view

Kirby of Doom
11-06-2002, 03:39 PM
The link doesn't work. :shrug:
See if you can get that fixed.

Artevoi
11-06-2002, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Duka Lt
http://www.wiredvideo.com/public/video/apple_gamer.wmv :) you need windows media player to view

You need WINDOWS media player to view a MACINTOSH commerical. Sweet irony.

Thunderbird
11-06-2002, 11:58 PM
I have a MOV version of that video. I think someone converted it.

FYI: WMV files work with Winamp3 fine.

Those who have seen the video can tell why this particular one was never shown ;).

DukenukemX
11-07-2002, 12:22 AM
I love this comercial.

There are plenty of games on the Mac like WarCraft 3, and that puzzle game with the apple logo. :lol:

The confusing thing about PC's is that when you go to the store there are so many games but on the Mac there are just six and you know which ones are good because you played them on the PC like 5 or 6 years ago. :lol:

There are plenty of great games on the Mac you won't find on the PC like Zork, Break out, and Super Break out.

In a very low vioce "Photoshop". :blah:

Another great thing about the Mac is upgrades. On a PC you need to open up a case and switch your video and jumpers. On a Mac when it's time to upgrade you just pick it up throw it out and buy another one.

My name is gus and I'm a gamer. Well I used to be. :laughing:

This is what Dell should show to go against Apples adds.

Verman
11-07-2002, 02:46 PM
DukenukemX....you can upgrade macintosh.

The dumb iMacs of course can only have ram upgrades, hd grades and etc. But you can upgrade the towers and shitsz...

I can't wait for IBM to come out with the new apple chip....Will be awsome. Maybe not for teenagers who just play games, but for people who want video editing, 3d rendering and shitz. Awsome.

By the way Dell = Shit...Period. Dell is garbage, they use refurbished parts in computers they sell (read thier disclaimer).

So use a good name if you are going to pick an OEM.

DukenukemX
11-07-2002, 03:57 PM
I can't wait for IBM to come out with the new apple chip....Will be awsome. Maybe not for teenagers who just play games, but for people who want video editing, 3d rendering and shitz. Awsome.

I heard about that chip. It will be 64-bit and be clocked at 1.8 Gigahertz. Not bad since the G4 is still only 1.2 Ghz on the Mac. It might be just in time to compete with AMDs Hammer chip.

It may have been true at one time that Apple was the king of video editing and 3D rendering but not any more. Yes Apple had SCSI, IEEE, and other goodies that put it ahead of anything the PC had but today for $1500 you get PC's with all this stuff and more. For the same price the IMacs use outdated PC133 memory and old ATA 100 harddrives.

Yeah those Towers are powerful but for the same price I can get a PC 3 times more powerful. 3D rendering, and video editing is the same as 3D gaming except the end result. If the Mac is slow for gaming then it will be slow for 3D rendering and video editing. They have done tests and have proved that todays PC's are 3 times faster then what ever Mac has. How effective do you think a G4 is when it's using PC133 memory when AMD and Intel are trying to feed there chips with DDR or RDRAM?

When that new chip comes out it will make everything more interesting but I hope it's not just hype like more Photoshop filter benchmarks.

inori
11-07-2002, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Artevoi
You need WINDOWS media player to view a MACINTOSH commerical. Sweet irony.

Actually, it's not really ironic... if you already have a Macintosh, why would you need to be able to view a Macintosh commercial?