PDA

View Full Version : Statues and Instawarps

C-Dawg
11-06-2002, 11:31 AM
So link is minding his own business, sitting in a Cave Dmap with level greater than 1. He decides to go through a door which sidewarps him into another Cave Dmap with a different level greater than 1. He finds himself popping through a cycling series of pit warps. In each screen he goes through, Statues Shoot Fire and Full Screen Warp are checked. In some of the screens, there are Statue combos. But the statues never fire. Even if he stands patiently and doesn't activate the pit, no fire comes spitting out at him.

Link is confused.

-C

ShadowTiger
11-06-2002, 11:49 AM
And now I am confused. Explain further please. :reading: .....

Demimore
11-06-2002, 01:20 PM
Yeah, I didnt get it either.... WHAAAT??

Teilyr
11-06-2002, 04:11 PM
Full-screen warps could be your problem. If the first pit warp screen doesn't have enemies on it, then neither will any of the others.

Don't get it? FSW's copy the enemies, and I believe enemy flags from one screen to the next. So, if screen A doesn't have statues shooting fire, then b, c, d, etc won't have them either.

Jigglysaint
11-06-2002, 04:13 PM
I think your problem is how the statues are firing. Are they enemies, or combos with the statue enemy falg checked? It could be a bug where certain flags arn't triggered, like dark rooms when you change d-maps, or use any warp to go to a darkened screen.

C-Dawg
11-07-2002, 01:09 AM
Teylir - the problem has nothing to do with enemies. I have the "Statues Shoot Fire" rule on all screens concerned. Only some of the screens have actual Statue combos. I figured there might be a problem triggering FLAGS on a new screen, but not COMBOS... since all other combos function fine on a screen you have instawarped to.

-C

Ganonator
11-07-2002, 01:18 AM
I really just think this is a bug.. just as if you were putting the 'flame shooter' enemy on a screen, a full screen warp won't transfer them over

Dem and BH4 - i know you are spamming for posts.. don't spam a topic if all you are going to say is "What???" i'll have to pit a rent a mod on ya...

Teilyr
11-07-2002, 02:27 AM
Actually, if memory serves, flags are copied when you FSW. I had that problem with one of my bosses, since the flags on screen A copied to screen B.

This might be the same with screen/enemy flags. The obvious thing to do is to test this theory by activating obvious screen flags, like no Link, no subscreen, and falling rocks.

C-Dawg
11-07-2002, 01:23 PM
This may be true, but unhelpful.
1) I have reason to beleive (from other endeavors) that flags don't copy from screen to screen. At least not the flags you plop down from the menu... I have situations where a Strike flag only occurs during one screen of a sequence, and it happily only occurs when it is supposed to.
2) Even if this WAS the case, all the flags I need are set up on the first screen, before any FSWing starts. Only the COMBOS change.

-C

Teilyr
11-07-2002, 01:35 PM
That is QUITE strange then.. I don't know what to tell you, other than maybe find a way to see if it's the FSW. If it is, try to redo your event without them.

C-Dawg
11-07-2002, 02:07 PM
For various (obvious) reasons, I can't do that. I'll figure a workaround though.

-C