PDA

View Full Version : DDR Konamix

MottZilla
11-04-2002, 08:57 PM
Alexmax, seeing how you are never on aim when I'm paying attension to it, I though I'd let you know the game burnt but all the main menu except game mode at the top result in an endless loading screen. I sorta figured the game out. But it's really crazy with all the directions you must press at once. I see why you were wondering if there was a PSx pad that could press opposite directions at once. They were really stupid in not using the digital buttons instead.

Anyways, does anything have any sort of tips, or know anything about what might be causing the endless loading?

MottZilla
11-04-2002, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Mottzilla
Alexmax, seeing how you are never on aim when I'm paying attension to it, I though I'd let you know the game burnt but all the main menu except game mode at the top result in an endless loading screen. I sorta figured the game out. But it's really crazy with all the directions you must press at once. I see why you were wondering if there was a PSx pad that could press opposite directions at once. They were really stupid in not using the digital buttons instead.

Anyways, does anything have any sort of tips, or know anything about what might be causing the endless loading?

Edit: Apparently you can use the buttons, but I had to get a really old controller so I could use them decently. The anolog sticks get in the way on my other pads.

Thunderbird
11-04-2002, 10:45 PM
If you have the game set to read from a controller, it will read those buttons :).

IMO, the best way to play DDR is on a pad ;). That's why the arrows are the primary method of input.

MottZilla
11-06-2002, 02:47 AM
Heh, when i edited it the thing must have fucked up or something. Anyways, ya, I use an old contoller with no anolog stick and use the buttons. I did fairly well.

However I'm sure the dance pads are the best way to control it. It's always funny though to watch people at the arcade playing it. lol.

Thunderbird
11-06-2002, 03:02 AM
Hehe :)

FYI: Konamix pays no attention to whether the analog mode is turned on, unless you are in Edit mode.

I can imagine someone trying to do Matsuri Japan on Maniac with a controller. Next to impossible though :P.

MottZilla
11-06-2002, 05:45 PM
It's not about that though, it's about easily accessing all 4 buttons without obstructions like tha anolog stick. If I had money I'd buy a dance pad.

AlexMax
11-06-2002, 10:16 PM
You casn use the arrows and the square,circle,triangle,square buttons at the same time. Really useful for splits.

Also, I found that contollers help with arrow reading, so you can 'handle' mentally more arrows at once instead of going

OH MY GOD THOS ARE TOO FAST RUUN RUN RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

www.ddrfreak.com

MottZilla
11-07-2002, 03:21 AM
Actually I do extremely well with the controller as when I am concentrated I can do anything but combos of the X and Y axis just find.

MottZilla
11-07-2002, 12:36 PM
What are everyone's high scrores? Today I just did a PERFECT dance of End of the Century. 231 step combomax (the whole dance). Points were crazy! over 9 million! 9,093,453 to be exact!

190 of the steps were perfect, the other 41 great.