PDA

View Full Version : What are the new features of 1.92?

Busta
11-04-2002, 08:21 PM
I know its a Beta version, but what are some new features added from 1.90 to 1.92?

VEL
11-04-2002, 08:28 PM
This thread lists lots of the things that have been added.
http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52109

idontknow
11-24-2002, 10:34 PM
quick list:
1. way more level palletes
2. fixed crash bugs
3. magic system
4. magic prisms and mirrors
5. new items, gold ring for example
6. layer system
7. way more maps and dmaps
8. fully functional conveyor belt combos
9. way more combo pages
10. many new enemies
11. trap combos
12. cool new flags, such as:
-infinite push blocks
-moving traps
-"ns" (no secret) push blocks
-strike flag (when you hit it w/ basically anything, it activates secrets
13. flags that allow you to enable secrets with swords, beams, boomerangs, magic, fire, reflected magic, hammer, hookshot, etc.
14. pages and pages of graphics/tiles
15. door editor
16. new item pond and magic upgrade rooms
17. end string editor
18. multi-string option
19. fixed triforce placement editor
20. advanced dmap editor-allows for names, open strings, etc.
21. ability to create "free-form dungeons"
22. one of most important-ability to use w/ windows xp (w/out crashing)
23. ability to edit initial data (what you start w/)
24. edit number of hearts required to get the special swords
25. "kill all enemies" item-kills all enemies in a room
26. new screen combos- i.e. invisible link
27. new quest rules
28. animation-w/out color scrolling
29. eyeball combos-which allow a tile to change depending on link's position on the screen-allowing you to have an eyeball that watches you
30. pit combos
31. "no fly zones"
32. and more...

Zaggarum
11-25-2002, 12:30 AM
WOW! where did you get this list IDK?!

EDIT: Everybody ignore this post and refere to then next post I wrote. :) Sorry Plith.

plith
11-25-2002, 12:56 AM
Off the top of his head maybe? Perhpas by looking at the program? I suggest you think your next post through a little more.

Zaggarum
11-25-2002, 01:02 AM
:banghead: Maybe this is what Cyberkitten meant. I can be a little airheaded sometimes. It is sorta late where I am and I don't think straight. I think I should not go on the forums at this time anymore. Thanks for the slap in the face Plith. Not kiddin' either! I sometimes need people to do that. You learn from your mistakes.

ShadowTiger
11-25-2002, 09:11 AM
Of course, there are certain upgrades that won't make it. How do we know that the "Exploderang" will work at all? It's a time-tested question, and no one is even sure that this point. They're still in the works, so you can never know for sure. :shrug:

idontknow
11-25-2002, 05:29 PM
expolderang!...that sounds pretty cool...i also think u should have 3 different types of arrows, ice, fire, and normal...the normal ones include silver and gold arrows and automatically update when u collect them...what i mean is, u could have either the fire, ice, or normal arrows set one @ a time...thatd b cool...anyways, where did u hear of an expolderang and what would it really do?...(i can guess but i'm not exactly clear on it)

Jigglysaint
11-25-2002, 06:45 PM
It's the bomberang and it's a toy for beta testers. There are a few items that were added temporarily for fun. The bomberang is one, the grenadereang is the fire boomerang that explodes with super bomb. The homing wand fires the same type of fireballs that Zolas fire, and they home in on their target. Then there is the bait, that is super improved and attracts anything like a magnet. The poison makes you woozy, and if you take a second dose, you die. The candles are flamethrowers that spew a cone of fire no unlike a gleeok2(it fires fire).

ShadowTiger
11-25-2002, 06:58 PM
But doesn't it fire... like a cone? What is meant by that? Enlighten us, Jigglysaint.

idontknow
11-25-2002, 07:42 PM
where can i get a hold of these betas?..do i need to b a beta tester?...if so, how can i become 1?..also, how do i do group quests?

plith
11-25-2002, 07:59 PM
You won't become one as an unknown newbie with nearly no experience with ZQuest and a very poor grip on the English language. Work on all that before the next time you ask for it.

idontknow
11-26-2002, 05:10 PM
hey!..i am experienced with ZQUEST; yes, i never actually finished a quest but i was sooo close to doing so and i got a new computer w/ windows xp so i had to start over and wait for this new beta to finally b released so i could actually start making quests again; plus, with school, i dont have that much free time...also, i do have a grip on the english language and there's nothing wrong w/ using abrevations or #s to represent words; u guys know what i mean...its not like i speak like that; its simply just an easy way of typing..by the way, i saw ur reply to my post on asking about making group quest, i suppose ur right about me posting the same thing twice, so i'll try not 2 do so anymore...and how do i go from a "newbie" title to a more experience title..also, u posted that i dont seem old enough 2 use this forum...i am 16 years old, how old do i have 2 b 2 use this forum?..i didnt realize u have 2 b so sophisticated and grown up 2 use this forum?

plith
11-26-2002, 05:20 PM
You may be 16, but your usage of the wonderful written English language implies a 10-year old mind to me. No one here really cares whether you were close to finishing a quest. Quality matters. Not to mention that many people have finished quests and still aren't moderators. It's not the title of newbie that matters nearly as much as the general maturity level. And finally, I find it hard to believe that your time is so precious you can't afford the extra few seconds it takes to type words out in full. This is the last time I will ask, but please work on getting in the habit of spelling everything for the benefit of those here who have to read your posts.

And as this is somewhat off-topic, I'm going to suggest that nothing more be posted here that is not related to the original subject matter of the topic. Idontknow, if you still want to argue the point of whether using correct grammar is necessary, feel free to send me a private message. If you still want to convince people that you could be a moderator, by all means feel free to send a private message to one of this board's administrators. I suggest Shadowblazer or War Lord.

EDIT: Subsequent posts in this thread have been moved to a more appropriate forum. Go down to Knights Templar Colloseum to find the remainder of the posts in a general complaint topic against me.