PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know of a program that can take snapshots of RealVideo files?

AlphaDawg
11-04-2002, 12:40 AM
I'd like to replace the A.M. Ale slogan in my signature with a picture from the actual SNL skit (which I have uploaded to my website for those who have never seen it) but I can't find a snapshot program that will take a good snapshot of it. All of them black out the area where the picture should be.

I imagine it is like this because of copyright issues, so if there isn't a program that can do it I'm fine with it. It's just something fun I'd like to try.

vegeta1215
11-04-2002, 01:41 AM
Enjoy

stormwatcheagle
11-04-2002, 01:52 AM
There's been a revelouthonary program invented for just souch a task. It's called Print Screen! This state-of-the-art program can be fully utilized with a helper program called paint, the latest in picture editing software.

LOL, i needed that.:kawaii:

Saffith
11-04-2002, 01:55 AM
Sadly, print screen doesn't work with Real media, nor with several (most?) other video formats. It just comes out as black.

stormwatcheagle
11-04-2002, 01:57 AM
I wanted to get these sweet shots of Patlabor gor my backgound, but couldn't get one. Thanks for the info, Saffith.

Dark Wolf
11-04-2002, 02:16 AM
actually, i found out a way past that. :)

what you need to do, is click and keep clicking until the open part where the video is playing is selected, make sure there are marquee lines around it, press print screen, open paint paste it there, move it around to make sure, if that does not work, hit print screen again, and paste it.

Hope that helps. :)

copord
11-04-2002, 02:17 PM
heh ive been wantin to do that with some stuff too thanks. :)

hellebeest
11-04-2002, 03:47 PM
I use hypersnap-DX v4.2 for snapshots, don't use it allot though

vegeta1215
11-04-2002, 04:49 PM
All you need is an image editing program. Most have an "Aquire" feature where you can take a snapshot of the screen or individual windows on your desktop. I used the GIMP to take my snapshot above, and I know PSP and Photoshop have something similar.

AlphaDawg
11-04-2002, 06:33 PM
stormwatcheagle, there's no need to be a smartass. Did I not make it clear enough in my original post that I tried just about everything?

Anyway, I just tried using PSP's screen capture feature... but the image still doesn't show up. How exactly did you get that image, Vegeta? Did it show right up or did you have to do a little manipulation?

vegeta1215
11-05-2002, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by AlphaDawg
Anyway, I just tried using PSP's screen capture feature... but the image still doesn't show up. How exactly did you get that image, Vegeta? Did it show right up or did you have to do a little manipulation?

Well, I watched the movie first (very funny), and picked that shot. Re-played it, paused on that spot, opened up the GIMP. Selected File->Aquire->Screen Capture. Selected single window, delay 5 seconds, made the Real Media Player on top, clicked it, and it 5 seconds it took the snapshot!

The only editing I did was cropping it. You can get the GIMP for Windows. The interface takes a while to get used to, but I'm really starting to like it. http://www.gimp.org/win32/