PDA

View Full Version : Feeding my addiction.

AlexMax
11-03-2002, 11:32 PM
Concord Mills near where I live just got a DDR MAX2. Expect to see footage of me playing it in the near future. ^_^

http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=6493624#6493624

And a comment that really tickled my funny bone...

oh yea, one of the guys who worked there said that there was "some kid" who played for like 3 hours last night..t.hen he went on about ddrfreak..and i asked if it was alex..and he looked at me and said..yea...how'd you know?

Hehehe....

mikeron
11-04-2002, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by AlexMax
Expect to see footage of me playing it in the near future. ^_^
I hope to God you're not kidding.

WarOmnimon
11-04-2002, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by AlexMax
Expect to see footage of me playing it in the near future. ^_^

I have to see this, especially if Alex is as good as he says he is.

<.<

>.>

Which he is.

Demimore
11-04-2002, 08:43 AM
What IS this? Football? I dont get it....

Joshua Milton N
11-04-2002, 12:03 PM
What are you talking about AlexMax?

Are you going to be playing football or be in a movie or something?

deathbyhokie
11-04-2002, 12:24 PM
he's taking about DDR2(dance dance revolution) you pretty much step on these buttons on the floor in sequence. i never got real into it. there's always this guy on ours out here. it sucks. i don't think he goes to class. sad really

EIHoppe
11-04-2002, 10:01 PM
The DDR 3rd Mix over at the arcade I go to broke (the operator says it's either the boards controlling the stages (pads) or the CD controlling the whole thing, so it's pretty bad.), so they're getting a 5th Mix machine. Is 5th any good?

MottZilla
11-04-2002, 10:27 PM
Whats say is most "arcade operators" don't know shit about the machines themselves. I'm sure if the pad were broken it'd be simple to fix, or you could order a replacement part.

Thunderbird
11-04-2002, 11:05 PM
It's not too difficult to fix pads. If the CD has a problem, you are screwed :P.

I think that 5th Mix is a very good mix though :). If you're going to play it be warned of one fact: Songs labeled as long versions (you won't see them on your first or last stage) will count as TWO songs because they are 3 minutes (rather than the standard 1.5 minute songs). 5th Mix was the only mix to have long versions.

AlexMax
11-04-2002, 11:08 PM
5th mix is like MAX with dances, minus freeze arrows and is generally considered to be a really good mix.

And I am not kidding. And I am not that good either (I can only pass La Senorita Virtual on Basic, even though it's a 7 footer, and I can only do about half of the six footers around)

stormwatcheagle
11-05-2002, 12:36 AM
oh yea, one of the guys who worked there said that there was "some kid" who played for like 3 hours last night..t.hen he went on about ddrfreak..and i asked if it was alex..and he looked at me and said..yea...how'd you know?

sig worthy...

mrz84
11-05-2002, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by stormwatcheagle

sig worthy...

i think i just might do that.....:kawaii:

Thunderbird
11-05-2002, 02:23 PM
5th Mix is also the only mix with long version songs. I guess they weren't too popular though (can't really blame anyone, since they take up 2 songs). I did like the long versions that I've played so far, but they can be very draining (damn near failed Hot Limit because I almost ran out of energy).

I'm able to do some 7 footers, but I stick to mostly 6 footers (the bass board blew on the 5th Mix machine here, so I'm staying at lower difficulty levels to avoid failing too soon).

MottZilla
11-06-2002, 02:29 AM
The game is quite interesting. Though it seems extremely difficult on the highest setting. It's entertaining however and I suppose a welcome change to what I normally play.

Thunderbird
11-06-2002, 02:32 AM
Yup, Maniac mode is a true challenge, especially when you pick a 9 footer (I can't do those yet :P). The 10 footers in MAX and MAX2 are REALLY hard (but they are few in number).

At least you know a bit of what you're going into though. MAX and MAX2 use the Groove Radar to give you more detail (arcade and JPS2 versions of MAX don't have the foot ratings though, arcade MAX2 and PS2 US MAX do have them).

MottZilla
11-06-2002, 02:38 AM
What's the "groove radar"? Does it let you see more steps in advance?

Thunderbird
11-06-2002, 03:06 AM
Not quite.

It is arranged in a pentagon on the screen. When a song is selected, you see a little graph in the middle of it. There are 5 corners, each with an attribute. The more the graph is in the area, the more of that characteristic you will find in the song.

Stream: Density of the steps
Voltage: Not quite sure
Chaos: Irregularity of the steps
Air: Jumps
Freeze: Freeze Arrows in the song

It gives you a lot more detail than the foot rating system, but the foot rating system is somewhat of a good measure too :) (hence why it returned in MAX2).