PDA

View Full Version : i got TSO!

Paradox
11-02-2002, 11:28 PM
that's right, i just got the Sims Online Play Test in the mail...
after installing the main 1GB game, i'm now downloading update after update... (and of course it's going as slowly as it possibly can... could take over an hour or two with my cable modem :mad: )
well, once i play it, it'll be good...

teddyboy420
11-02-2002, 11:43 PM
1gb huh?

That has to be the whole game, I can't see a demo being 1gb. I bet you could find a crack for that to allow you to play the whole game. That is, if you are intersted in that sort of thing, and if you ever finish downloading the patches.

Paradox
11-03-2002, 12:01 AM
its the whole thing... it's being beta tested by randomly selected volunteers (me one of them)

the updater just stopped responding so i ctrl/alt/del closed it, and when i started it again it said "the program was closed the wrong way. we must revalidate the game. this process could take 20 minutes." so now i have to sit through that as well as the updates... for that i got 1% done after 15 minutes... not a good sign...

matthew986
11-03-2002, 12:07 AM
Well get off AGN. Every little bit helps. Go watch tv or read a book. Or are you that addicted?

Paradox
11-03-2002, 12:09 AM
how pathetic is this?... with my cable modem going like it is, it'd take a while...
http://raptork.homestead.com/files/tso.jpg

slayer6896
11-03-2002, 12:12 AM
thats sucks that it is going so slow.

Paradox
11-03-2002, 01:45 AM
i played it for a while... and wow...

great game.

it lags a bit, but that's to be expected, other than that, it's awesome. i got a house/business and went around to other peoples places and talked to them.

the only downside is that it takes a long time to do skills and things because there's no fast forward button in the online version (you cound do 2x or 3x in the original to pass the time of activities)

Drunken Tiger
11-03-2002, 01:48 AM
I never really liked The SIms... Didnt really understand teh game.... I prefered more FPS and RPG's!! ;)