PDA

View Full Version : N.O.M - Pokemon

Mak-X
11-01-2002, 11:50 PM
For those interested, the new issue of Nintendo Online Magazine is about Pokemon, but its in Japanese of course.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/nom/0211/index.html

SSJDragon420
11-02-2002, 12:03 AM
How many pokemon are they gonna make?
Its gettin annoying I thought 250 was the only known ones and now it's like they are pulling them outta their @$$.

stormwatcheagle
11-02-2002, 12:38 AM
Yay> I still play the card game and catch the show. Shure,it seems sappy, but you got to learn to appreciate the game, man!

Yoshiman
11-02-2002, 08:43 AM
Man, I'm still lookin' for my PkmnSilver.

deathbyhokie
11-02-2002, 01:06 PM
i remember the golden days of pokemon...there were only two games. the card game was actually competitive. you didn't have little kids taking all their parents money to buy cards. the only thing pokemon i had was the game. i had my blue version. i got all 150 pokemon in my blue version. and then the little kids ruined it. and now, i haven't played my pokemon in a long time(like 4 years now)

Fiyerstorm
11-02-2002, 02:45 PM
Yea. It got gay. If they would of made non-happy looking lil monsters than it would be kinda cool still.

WarOmnimon
11-02-2002, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by deathbyhokie
i remember the golden days of pokemon...there were only two games. the card game was actually competitive. you didn't have little kids taking all their parents money to buy cards. the only thing pokemon i had was the game. i had my blue version. i got all 150 pokemon in my blue version. and then the little kids ruined it. and now, i haven't played my pokemon in a long time(like 4 years now)

Not to be a pain in the neck, but in Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow there are 151 Pokemon. You didn't get Mew.

Joshua Milton N
11-02-2002, 03:01 PM
In PoKeMoN Gold/Silver/Crystal there are 251 PoKeMoN, CELEBI is the 251st PoKeMoN and you can't catch him with out a GameShark or any other cheating devise out their.

I can catch any PoKeMoN with my GameShark and I can get them as shiny PoKeMoN as well.

deathbyhokie
11-02-2002, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by WarOmnimon
Not to be a pain in the neck, but in Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow there are 151 Pokemon. You didn't get Mew.

sorry, i didn't count mew, b/c u couldn't get him(her?) outside of usuing a game genie, to my knowledge. i did use the game genie and got him(her?) though

Kairyu
11-02-2002, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Fiyerstorm
Yea. It got gay. If they would of made non-happy looking lil monsters than it would be kinda cool still.

They did. One of my personal favorites, Marowak, wore a skull on it's head and threw bones at people. But then the "Priests" and "Religous" authorities complained that the game was driving children to satan-worship ("It has horns! It clearly must represent satan! BURN IN HELL, DEVIL GAME! BURN WITH THE RIGHTEOUS FIRE OF MY LITTLE LIGHTER WHICH I SHALL USE TO BURN YOUR SATANIC EVIL!!!!" isn't an exact quote, but it's a direct translation of some of the stuff they said and did.) And the whiny little kids who hadn't yet learned there's more than one person out there on the planet earth whose opinion matters, demanded more of the cute ones. Hence, Nintendo wasn't exactly in a position to argue... maybe someday if I learn to program I'll make a REAL sequel for the series, but right now it's just going silly. Pokemon didn't get "gay", it was dragged down by screaming priests and children.

Yoshiman
11-02-2002, 03:38 PM
There are non-happy looking ones: Mewtwo, Houndoom, Entei, Raikou, Scuicine, Ho-oh, Lugia, and Scyther.

And those are the ones I can name off the top of my head.

Mak-X
11-02-2002, 04:36 PM
Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur, Beedrill, Golem, Gyrados...

I need to play a new Pokemon game sometime. I played through Red when it came out in a month, and that was about it for me. Pokemon Stadium came out far too late for me, and its too much battling and level raising.

My allstar team from my original game still lives. They're all around level 60.

Pikachu, Beedrill, Charizard, Primeape, Golem, and Pidgeot.

I liked how at the end of Red, you gained access to one last area with really tough Pokemon, and could fight Mewtwo.

WarOmnimon
11-02-2002, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Kairyu
They did. One of my personal favorites, Marowak, wore a skull on it's head and threw bones at people. But then the "Priests" and "Religous" authorities complained that the game was driving children to satan-worship ("It has horns! It clearly must represent satan! BURN IN HELL, DEVIL GAME! BURN WITH THE RIGHTEOUS FIRE OF MY LITTLE LIGHTER WHICH I SHALL USE TO BURN YOUR SATANIC EVIL!!!!" isn't an exact quote, but it's a direct translation of some of the stuff they said and did.) And the whiny little kids who hadn't yet learned there's more than one person out there on the planet earth whose opinion matters, demanded more of the cute ones. Hence, Nintendo wasn't exactly in a position to argue... maybe someday if I learn to program I'll make a REAL sequel for the series, but right now it's just going silly. Pokemon didn't get "gay", it was dragged down by screaming priests and children.

I'm surprised that happened. The Pope actually supports the idea of Pokemon.

teddyboy420
11-02-2002, 05:41 PM
Pokemon rule! I still watch the cartoon everyday at 4 whenever I can, and now it's gonna be on Cartoon Network at 9 every night too!

I never really got into any of the games except Snap!, which was awsome and I'm still waiting for a sequel. The reason I didn't play the Red/Blue and so on was b/c I didn't have a GB. I hope they make a game for GC besides a Stadium type game, something like Snap!, or something like the GB ones for the GameCube.

Kairyu
11-03-2002, 01:03 PM
WarOmnimon, it's true. I didn't know that the Pope supported it, though. All I know is that, around the height of it's glory, churches in various American states blasted every dark aspect of Pokemon they could find (And some more they made up on the spot....) Several times, the head of a church actually used a lighter to set Pokemon card and stuffed toys on fire in the middle of a church service. I don't think they actually yelled, "BURN IN HELL, DEVIL GAME!!!! BURN, BURN!!! RETURN TO YOUR DARK KING, SPAWN OF SATAN!!!! BURN!!!!!!!", but I can imagine it pretty easily)

Sorta like that thing how religous fanatics were openly bashing Harry Potter as a doctrine of witchcraft and demonic Pagan rituals or something. I'm a Lutheran, and I believe in the Holy Trinity, but I really have yet to hear any valid reasons to consider such simplistic diversions "THE WORK OF THE DEVIL!!!!!"...

It's really just the religous fanatics, every religion has 'em. Many cults have ONLY fanatics, but every religion has at least one. They seem to serve no purpose but to make everyone else of their faith look bad. Muslims have Al-Quadi (how do you spell that?), I'm sure there's a few Jewish ones, but Christianity has to deal with Nazis (Okay, it's a political party, but they were based on religous principles, so I think it counts), the Ku Ku Krackies, and these jumpy doom-sayers. Now I'm getting depressed again... darnit.

Edit: I really don't like the show or the movies it made. They got lots of things which are quite basic wrong (Pikachu can actually shock about half of the ground-type Pokemon in it...), the main character is too egotistic to do anything right except by sheer luck (Which, looking back, is probably my only real problem with the games... dependancy on luck, I mean.), they tried too hard to make things always end up right (Okay, it was designed for kids. But it shouldn't have been!), and most of their plots either were non-sensical or absurd. Darnit, now I am depressed AGAIN!

Maverick_Zero
11-03-2002, 03:36 PM
Geez, My Pokemon REd team was great. Gengar, Nidoking, Dragonite, Dugtrio,Farfetched, and someother thing I didn't use. The NidoKing was the best. He had Surf which was weird cuz he was rock or something weak to water. Anyway, they just ruined it with the over showing of the cartoon, and the card game tournaments and stuff.

mrz84
11-03-2002, 05:55 PM
IMHO, the people who advertised it as "kiddie" were a little stupid. i read a pokemon manga and it shows where ash's charizard bit another charizard during a match and it bleed. how's that kiddy for ya? i mean, come on! most americans think anything that's animated is for kids and they steer clear of it! because of the american censors, anything "bad" for kids is edited out. that caused some great shows to be seen as stuff for kids. now to get back on subject, i played blue and yellow and had great teams on both.....until pokemon staduim deleted everything on my blue version for some reason.....now i'm selling it for $15 bucks.....more than i could probaly get from some places.....to my little brother for x-mas. :kawaii: i'm keeping my yellow version though. :kawaii: