PDA

View Full Version : Halloween is DEAD in my area.

Rammstein
10-31-2002, 03:39 PM
Well this is it, halloween is no more in my town and the towns around. Candies price are too high (2.99 for 20 litle chocolate candy bars).

Anyway me and my freind went on a car trip and he noticed that no houses where decorated. On my street there is only 2 houses with decorations (theres about 50) and on the next we saw 1.
In the most residential area we saw about 10. Thats in my town.

Next town are, apparently, wrost. My freind said no houses has decorations on his streets and the surrondings.

Also, I saw no kids or people trick or treating and its 3pm already.

Halloween is just another day we all dont give a fuck about , it seems.

Is it like this where you live?

Daarkseid
10-31-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Rammstein
Halloween is just another day we all dont give a fuck about , it seems.

Is it like this where you live?

Nope. Lots of children in the area, lots of rich people in the area, equals a place thats very much into halloween. Some of the houses around here give out king sized candy bars to trick-or-treaters.

hellebeest
10-31-2002, 03:52 PM
we don't do halloween here either, they show some horror movies though,
in the midst of the night while most ppl have to get up early again for work

deathbyhokie
10-31-2002, 04:02 PM
there were kids dressed in costumes in classes. there's sevral parties tonight, and the rocky horror picture show fan club(yes one exists) is preforming RHPS on the drill field tonight.haloweenis pretty big in college.and so's the day after(for stocking up on discount candy)

mrz84
10-31-2002, 04:05 PM
well my original plan to go as blues(protoman) are dashed because of one: lack of material and two:i live in a dangerous neighborhood it seems. :sweat: i guess next year i can go to the town i used to live in a trick-or-treat there. :kawaii:

Jigglysaint
10-31-2002, 04:14 PM
Nope, not here, although it costs $3.95 Canadian for 20 chocolate bars here. What does that equal to in American, like $1.50?

I have to agree with the rich neighbourhood, my friend lives in one of the wealthiest places in Toronto, and the few times we went out, we got like a ton of candy, and good ones too!

MottZilla
10-31-2002, 05:29 PM
It varys from year to year. Some are better than others. We would tend to go over to my grandparents house and trick-or-treat around there, as there were many more people. I haven't gone out in along while. The last thing I went as I think was a Jedi, one of those weird robes, the clothes under that, and ofcourse, a huge lightsaber made of rather heavy pvc pipe made quite well.

Anyways, I lost interest in halloween a few years back I guess. Oh well. It's not like I miss out on candy. I just go and buy it myself if I want it, unlike as a kid where I didn't have money to do so.

stormwatcheagle
10-31-2002, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by mrz84
well my original plan to go as blues(protoman) are dashed because of one: lack of material and two:i live in a dangerous neighborhood it seems. :sweat: i guess next year i can go to the town i used to live in a trick-or-treat there. :kawaii:

Hold up, your a 20 year old man that trick or treats?

Parn
10-31-2002, 08:19 PM
Theres lots of kids here, but I didn't see any until 5:30pm as usual. They all are with their parents, times have changed when I was young I went alone when I was like 12 or so. The world has gone crazy since the early 90's.

slayer6896
10-31-2002, 08:24 PM
in my area it really varys year to year but the last couple of years barl anyone does anything for halloween.

Blonde799
10-31-2002, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by stormwatcheagle
Hold up, your a 20 year old man that trick or treats?
And? My ex is 20, she still does, and I do too.:) Not for the candy, just for fun.:) Although I'm still searching for those damn snickers crunchers. I KNOW I HAD ONE IN HERE!!!:angry: Guess I'll settle for a kit kat.:D

Paradox
10-31-2002, 09:22 PM
i haven't needed to shove candy in many people's bags tonight. i guess it's less popular than usual.

Yoshiman
10-31-2002, 09:34 PM
There are alot of kids here. There was even a group of teenagers! About 15 of them in all. Every one of them were dressed up like zombies.

Jemsee
10-31-2002, 09:45 PM
I live out in the country so no need to decorate as no one comes out here.
But in town it's pretty active. On the way home I drove through several small towns and saw a few in each out making the rounds.
Saw several groups in the large town I live close to. Your typical ghosts and witches, was not real close so could not see in detail.
The local mall does a Hollween thing too. All the stores give out treats for any who dress up and come in.

SSJ3500
10-31-2002, 11:21 PM
Actually around here it is very popular, I usually go out late and get the last of the candy in the houses, if there is no one for about 30 minutes they give out all they're candy. And the majority of houses are decorated, even if they arnt they still give out candy.

AlexMax
10-31-2002, 11:43 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if we got over 1,000 trick-or-treators on our front steps tonight. Literally.

Axel
11-01-2002, 09:11 AM
jeez, I live in a subdivision, there were plenty of people handing out candy, this one guy had a strob light on his porch, that was so weird, and fun! moving my hand infront of my face, whoah... :eek:

Drunken Tiger
11-01-2002, 09:31 AM
Halloween doesnt happen much here.... :(

copord
11-03-2002, 10:08 AM
its the same story here too i dont think people are u to buying sweets just to give away anymore and dont want to waste money on decorations and costumes im not really up to it anymore and its quite sad ive only been trick or treatin properly once in my hometown then we moved house so i havent got anyone to go with anyway i dont think going by yourself is much fun so this year i went half the way up my street then came back i couldnt do it by myself it just wasnt fun the way people looked at me and stupid drunk people staggerin about looked pretty suspicious but then again theyre allways there whether its halloween or not .....its a shame really halloween used to brng people together and was a lot of fun for everybody. but now its just faded and price for costumes sweets and decorations have gone up and nobody can afford to do it.