PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Supercade cartoon

Mak-X
10-29-2002, 03:19 AM
http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0682/index.html

I'm too young to have watched or to have remembered watching this show. Intersting because it had Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Junior. Is the picture of Mario there what he looked like for the game? I've seen a similar picture in the Mario Mania player's guide. I remember a lot of the art for the early DK and Mario Bros. games had Mario really super deformed, midget like, like in the game.

Shadowblazer
10-29-2002, 08:26 AM
Whoa, serious 80's flashback here :D

Yes, that's really what Mario looked like on the cartoon. Frightening, eh?

mrz84
10-29-2002, 03:23 PM
it would be pretty weird if someone made an av of him (mario) i think i'll do that. :kawaii:

deathbyhokie
10-29-2002, 04:28 PM
wasn't there another cartoon with link in it? and he was always trying to get zelda to kiss him, and would whine when she didn't?

WarOmnimon
10-29-2002, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by deathbyhokie
wasn't there another cartoon with link in it? and he was always trying to get zelda to kiss him, and would whine when she didn't?

There was, but it wasn't in the Supercade. It aired along with the Super Mario Bros. Super Show and Captain N.

Mak-X
10-29-2002, 08:13 PM
13 episodes of The Legend of Zelda cartoon for the Super Mario Bros. Super Show that came much later, and 4 episodes of Captain N that had Link and Zelda in them. Later on, all of the Nintendo cartoons were put under one show for syndication, Captain N and the Video Game Masters. It had a nice intro with scenes from all of the cartoons with the song "The world of Captain N is here!"

I checked my Mario Mania player's guide earlier, they actually used a shot of Mario from the cartoon, just like that, and made it into art for the guide, the same with Pauline and I think DK. I think that was just for that cartoon, and the actual artwork for Donkey Kong (arcade) was a little different, probably more like Mario Bros. and the DK Jr. art for the -e version. The player's guide also had a small blurb on the Saturday Supercade in the cartoon section.

mrz84
10-29-2002, 08:19 PM
well that's interesting to know. :kawaii: