PDA

View Full Version : REVIEW - Ty The Tasmanian Tiger + WaveBird

EWild
10-28-2002, 07:37 PM
Ty The Tasmanian Tiger - EA Games & Krome ©2002 (GameCube)

Story: Nice and simple, Ty's plot revolves around collecting five talismans that will free Ty's fellow Tasmanian tigers from the Dreamtime, where they were trapped a long time ago as a result of trying to stop a cassowary named Boss Cass from sending all mammals to the Dreamtime. To get the talismans, Ty has to jump, bite, and use his collection of boomerangs to recover thunder eggs from the various levels so he can give them to Julius, a koala who can use them to power his talisman-locating invention. Along the way, Ty gets help from Maurie, a crotchety sulfur-crested cockatoo that gives advice and information. Meanwhile, Boss Cass has also been looking for the talismans, although without a device like Julius', he's had a much harder time. Really, if you liked Spryo then you'll love this. It's almost the same style. 8/10

Graphics: The cut scene graphics are simply marvelous and the in game ones are too. :) 9/10

Gameplay: A simple Action/Adventure game with easy to learn controlls. The only thing bad is the camera which is no surprise. But it actually isn't the worst I've seen. Only had problems in certain areas and only for a little time. 8.5/10

Extras: Oh my, what can I say. 250 hidden pictures found in invisible blue boxes and a lot more to collect to get 100% in the game. It'll take you a long time. :) 9.5/10

Re-Play Value: It's an Action/Adventure so it doesn't have a HUGE amout of it, but with the extras, it's goning to take a little while...

Overall: All I "hated" was the camera angles at some times. 9/10

It's a good renter. ;)
-------------------------------------------
I got a new Wavebird Controller! I have to say, they fucking rule. No cords, and the same size as the normal, and NO CORDS! Also it doesn't weigh more, a little less with out the cord. :thumbsup:
10/10

If you have a GCN, get a WaveBird. :kawaii:

Tygore
10-28-2002, 08:07 PM
Great review. Just wanna know one thing: does the wavebird have cords? ;)

AlexMax
10-28-2002, 09:45 PM
Sorry, no wavebird for me. I would lose the damn thing, and I just can't live without my rumble.

Maverick_Zero
10-28-2002, 10:01 PM
Just looks like another platformer that they're trying to get out. It's out for all three systems right? Cuz Xbox needs platformers too.

ShyGuy0824
10-28-2002, 10:24 PM
Interesting...

would you say the game is easy or hard to get through? I've heard it's more directed to a younger age group, and I'm just wondering. Also, how many blocks does it take on the memory card?

itschris
10-28-2002, 10:46 PM
I love the WaveBird. I was never a big fan of rumble.

EWild
10-29-2002, 02:26 PM
Sorta easy, but finding all the stuuf is hard. About 1 or 2 blocks.