PDA

View Full Version : REVIEW - TimeSplitters2

EWild
10-28-2002, 11:41 AM
TimeSplitters2 - Edios & Free Radical ©2002 (GameCube version)

Story: The story is simple, there are these creatures called TimeSplitters who are trying to re-write history of mankind. It's your job to save them. 1st. player is Sgt. Cortez, and 2nd. player is Corp Heart (my favourite :) ) 8/10

Graphics: The cimamatics are awsome and they capture every detail from every skin falling off a dead and rotting corspe, to an afraid officer running for his life. The in-game graphics are awsome to say the least. :) Good but not perfect. 9/10

Gameplay: Just like Goldeneye for the N64. A First Person Shooter, and my personal favourite genre with RPG's. Lot's of weapons, good controlling, and fully customizable too. No real gripe with it at all. 9/10

Single-player: It may seem short, and crappy in easy, but it isn't when you're on Normal or hard. :) More objectives, longer levels, more bad guys, harder baddies etc. Also the change of sceanry is an added bonus. :D 9/10
Mulitplayer: If you buy it just for this, it's worth it. 100+ characters and BOTs, stats for every single character, loads of levels, and lots of types. 9.5/10

Sound/Music: The music is sweet, I love it hands down. And the music goes with the level. The Sounds are normal, the BANG, or BOOM, nothing super special, but not bad. 8.5/10

Mapmaker: OK the second game to have it, and I have to say, it's sweet. I mean, you can make your own single or mulitplayer levels! Triggers and everything! Even with the limit on the size of the map, and that you can't do everything, it still is something nothing else has. :kawaii: 9/10

Re-play Value: Loads of re-play. Challenges and the Arcade leuge will keep you entrtained for hours. 100+ characters to unloack, and therr different modes of Single player. Also the Mapmaker makes it complete. 10/10

Final score=9.75/10

BUY IT, NOW! :D

AlexMax
10-28-2002, 07:15 PM
Out of curiosity, which version of the game did you base this review on?

EWild
10-28-2002, 07:18 PM
The GameCube versoin.

Rijuhn
10-28-2002, 10:58 PM
OMG. Fuck renting it. I couldn't get it at either 2 Blockbusters near my house, though the farthest of the two has one of the games due back tommorow (but I think the person is going to keep it an extra week) so I might be able to see if it's worth $50. If I don't rent it by the end of the week I'm going to go over to the brand new EB Games by my house and buy it from there (I just know they are going to be sold out. That's how everything is for me.)

DammiTT!! I HAVE TO PALY TIS GHAME!! I NEEEDS A FPS!!! HAVEN"T PLAYLED ONE SINCE PERFECTR DARK!!!! AHGGAGGGAGHHHH!!!

EWild
10-29-2002, 02:28 PM
Fuck renting, buying is the way to be for this game.

Blonde799
10-29-2002, 03:09 PM
Yup, I wasn't dissapointed when I bought this game. Unless you devote 3+ days straight to playing it, renting isn't an option.