PDA

View Full Version : Turok - Curse of the Bowlegged Frigger

DarkPanther
10-25-2002, 10:12 AM
So my brother wrecked his knee playin' basketball a couple days ago. I took my PS2 over his place and hooked it up for him. I named off some games that have come out recently and told him I'd pick up anything he wanted from Blockbuster. We decided on either Burnout 2 or Timesplitters 2. I get there, and they're all out of both. SOCOM was a back up. They were all out of SOCOM. Every single guaranteed in stock game had every single copy rented out. I call him up on my cell and tell him my situation. We decide on that semi-new Turok for PS2. I rent that a little leery of why that seems to be the only game with more than 2 copies actually in.

I get it back to his place and pop it in.

Haven't played a good multi-player game w/my big bro in a good few months.

I head straight to the controller options to find my fire buttons and such and to change my strafe and turn buttons.

As any FPS regular gamer knows, default forward/turn/strafe/look controls are always assigned to the same sticks. I've found a much more effective and accurate game can be played (since I played so much Timesplitters when it came out) if the turn and strafe controls are swapped, so they're assigned to the opposite stick they default to.

EVERY GAME IS SMART ENOUGH TO ALLOW YOU THIS BLESSED TREASURE OF AN OPTION.

Not Turok. Guess the indians at Akklaim haven't thought of that.

Fortunately, my brother isn't any good at FPS, so as I walked around like a crab and kept shooting walls and my feet and falling into water, I managed to survive fairly well. Most likely not because he sucks, but that he couldn't tell if I was coming or going. Hell, I had us both fooled.

I actually really really wish I could just change the friggin' controls 'cuz it seems like a really fun game with some sweet weapons and such. But I'll never play it again because of that.

Sad.

allyourmoms
10-25-2002, 11:21 AM
turok:evo rules, you should def. try to get into it. i had no problems with the controller setup...i just got used to it - like everyother game in existence. the only thats really a prob with that game is no bots. but oh well. single player rules too.

Blonde799
10-25-2002, 11:29 AM
That's what turned me off of turok too.:(

El Oso Verde
10-25-2002, 11:54 AM
I thought the control scheme for turok on N64 was great! I'm assuming this is different then.:(

DarkPanther
10-25-2002, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by allyourmoms
turok:evo rules, you should def. try to get into it. i had no problems with the controller setup...i just got used to it - like everyother game in existence. the only thats really a prob with that game is no bots. but oh well. single player rules too.

Yeah, single player is sweet, but I'm absolutely not going to dillute my FPS game by re-learning an inferior control setup.