PDA

View Full Version : Tileset sites and stuff....

NFGfan41
10-25-2002, 07:46 AM
Hi, I'm new to the whole Zelda classic thing but it looks awesome. I was just wondering if anybody could give me some good sites that have some tilesets and things like that.

ShadowTiger
10-25-2002, 08:22 AM
If you already have the ZC 163 Beta, (Available from the ZC Discussion page, at the top.) then you already have a phenominal tileset. Newfirst-fixed.qst is not only unpassworded, but has a great tileset already. You can access it pretty easily.

The best way that I have found to get a new tileset is to just make your own. For most newcomers, it'll present a challenge. So just use newfirst-fixed for a while, and see what pops your way. Or, you can peruse this area for new ones. Orion's Z3 tileset is great. The PureZC tileset is pure bliss, if that's your cup of tea.

NFGfan41
10-25-2002, 08:50 AM
umm..........
What if I want to add a different main character

ShadowTiger
10-25-2002, 10:10 AM
Aah, Yes. I saw your post.

Ummm.... Check one of the ZC Discussion threads by DarkFlameWolf. The link is Here. (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64248) Glenn The Great has apparently constructed an amazing Link set of himself. It's great. C-Dawg has also made one of himself, and that is pretty well drawn too. But I dare not post a link there. Maybe you'll see why. :sweat:

If you want to make a custom character, then you will probably want to improve your drawing skills. Go into my folder (in my sig) and check out all my quests and such. Get everything, and see how I drew all my custom tiles. ( I ripped a lot, but drew much, much more.) Good luck.

fingolfin
10-25-2002, 09:46 PM
You could also try the Descendant tileset. Pretty much a smaller version of the Z3 tiles, but there's different stuff in there.

Raichu86
10-25-2002, 10:02 PM
You could try out PureZC (http://zc.pixelclick.com). We've got some really cool stuff. :)

C-Dawg
10-26-2002, 10:37 PM
Yea. Spread the word about PureZC. We'll all have to go there when AGN dies anyway.

-C

Teilyr
10-30-2002, 11:25 AM
Yep.. Plus, it's faster than AZC. :D Thanks for the plug, C.

ShadowTiger
10-30-2002, 05:56 PM
I wish I could transfer my rank there. (I mean, if it ever did happen.) I can't leave the place I was conceived, born, and educated! It would be a travesty!

And yes, the Descendent tileset has all the cliffs and people you could ever need in at least 47 lifetimes. Maybe 38. But those are just figures I pulled out of my pocket. :redface: :shrug: