PDA

View Full Version : Pathways Over Pits

Crashman X
10-25-2002, 04:01 AM
(This isn't a ZQuest problem, rather a ZC Engine problem that it can't fix. I just thought this would be the most appropriate forum)

I (and probably everone else) have found that walking along the edges of warp tile combos render them inactive. Even I can't count the number of times I have crossed a chasm which would usually send you somewhere else just by following the gridlines! :mischief:

But wouldn't be a real pain if you made a custom boss the transitions wouldn't always activate just because you weren't COMPLETELY on a tile? :meanie: It would be even worse if it was a moving one! :mad:

Surely there must be a way to fix this. I mean, the Stepladder knows how to activate when only half on a tile - why doesn't anything else? :confuse2:

ShadowTiger
10-25-2002, 08:05 AM
Simply solved, this one. In the Quest rules menu, (in the betas only, mind you.) There is a quest rule called "Linked Warps" I think. Check that one, and all the warps, especially pit tiles, will be linked together so you wouldn't be able to pull a "Zelda's Order" on them. (BTW, that was when you had to fall into a pit room to get back up, but you could just walk between the stair tiles to get to the other side. It was really funny at the time, too. :laughing:

Cloral
10-25-2002, 02:28 PM
Actually, just use 'pit' combos. They work as soon as Link merely touches any part of the tile.

Qusetonui
10-26-2002, 10:25 AM
Alucard's ZC definitions:

STAIR - a combo that works usually for any combo that works wonders on steps, does not work as well for pit combos.

PIT - a combo that works whenever Link touches any part of the tile that works wonders on pit combos, can be used for tiles on custom bosses.

That is as far as I am going as both can be used for many tricks (You think I am going to label them?)

Aegis Runestone
10-28-2002, 08:34 AM
So....Just what do Pit combos do anyways? I thought Pit would mean pit as you drop down it and you receive damage.

ShadowTiger
10-28-2002, 09:26 AM
Pit combos are just like stairs, except the pits warp you -exactly- where you stepped on them, regardless of start positions. They don't hurt you.

Also, Pit tiles can be fallen into much easier than stair tiles. A little bit Link must be on pit tiles for him to fall, whereas all of Liink on stairs.

Crashman X
11-10-2002, 08:12 PM
Speaking of which, when will restart holes that do damage be implemented? Just wondering. Thanks for the help!