PDA

View Full Version : And EK thought he was going to kill his brother...

ShyGuy0824
10-24-2002, 09:35 PM
Well, I almost had a heart attack. Then I almost committed murder. Then I almost killed myself. Then I almost jumped so high I hit the ceiling.

For about an hour today, I was searching for the memory card to my cube, and when I realized that it was missing, I got that feeling in the stomach when you know something bad has happened. It wasn't too serious, I know, but it's like dropping ice cream on the sidewalk. Then when I saw my brother's memory card in the cube, I almost killed my brother. Almost. After forty-five minutes of searching and turning the room upside down, I was losing hope. My brother received a few threats that weren't very nice. Anyways, within fifteen minutes more of searching I finally found it, behind the freaking tv. We have our tv in a cupboard/stand type thing, so it was very odd that it was there. That's why I was very happy. Want to know how mad I would've been if it was gone? Here's what was on it.

Two Resident Evil Saves:
(1) Chris Redfield Beaten game save
(1) Jill Valentine Halfway-through game save

One Sonic Adventure Battle Save:
Both Evil and Hero sides were beaten, only the combination's left

One Eternal Darkness Save
The game had been beaten on Ulyaoth, about three quarters of the way through on the green xel'otath

One Luigi's Mansion Save
Beaten game, couldn't really care much about that actually.

One Tony Hawk 3 Save
EVERYTHING beaten. Full Stats. All Riders. All Movies. For those who haven't played, you have to beat the game with every single character which takes a minimum of an hour for everything. There were many skaters.

One Starfox Adventures Save
Beaten Game. Recently. So, yeah.

One Mario Sunshine Save
114 Shines. Whazzat!

So you can see, that would have been very, very painful for someone else. Oooooh. The pain. What would happen if you lost YOUR most valued Memory card.

Maverick_Zero
10-24-2002, 09:49 PM
If I lost any of my various memorey cards (save the 64, cause all of them were saved on the cart:sweat: ) It would suck, and I'd probably commit armed robbery of the nearest SoftWare ETC.

El Oso Verde
10-24-2002, 10:38 PM
It's even worse when you lose your 24x memory card for PSX. I've got saves for probably around 50 games on that thing.

Somehow it got buried deep under the seats in my car... god knows how.

Lone Wolf
10-24-2002, 10:40 PM
[quote=Two Resident Evil Saves:
(1) Chris Redding Beaten game save
[/quote]
Its Redfield....

satanman
10-25-2002, 12:08 PM
I've only ever had 1 memory card. My gamecube one...
It's got a 119-shines mario on it, and thats it...
not as big a deal as shyguys card, but I've got a good 50+ hours of time there (30 of which came from it's first weekend after release date... october 4th)
it will have more though. Oh yes, it will have more when I get more games...

mikeron
10-25-2002, 12:14 PM
For PSX, I have a card where I managed to keep a save just before every one of the good cinematics.

GCN:
THPS3, game totally absolutely defeated and bonded into slavery. Not to mention the amazing park my friend made me.
Agent Under Fire, platinum/gold scores on every damn level.
Pikmin, who cares?
Luigi's Mansion, who cares?
Man, I've got to put my my gamecube to better use.

Thunderbird
10-25-2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Maverick_Zero
If I lost any of my various memorey cards (save the 64, cause all of them were saved on the cart:sweat: )

FYI: Some N64 games required the controller memory pak. Duke Nukem: Zero Hour is one such game (does NOT save games on the cart).