PDA

View Full Version : How did I just lose my thread?

obi
10-23-2002, 04:04 PM
OKayee, I just posted a thread in Think tank like 5 mins ago.

It was about Capitalisim and religion and the such, but now I go to see, and it's not there...

It's not in any other forum I usually have up, so what happened?

Rijuhn
10-23-2002, 04:13 PM
I know exactly what you mean. I've had threads dissappear on me before, but it's one in awhile. Though here recently the boards have been doing some strange things. I especially hate it when I hit reply after typing a long post and then go on to another thread (while leaving the prior thread to load my reply and all)and post on the next one I read. Then I go back to refresh the first thread I replied in only to find out that it asks for me to log in again and my whole thread is gone. I even copy each post to the clip board but sometimes I'll copy over it if I'm replying to another thread. I'd have 1000 more posts if it didn't do that so much.

cyberkitten
10-23-2002, 04:27 PM
hrm....it must have gotten eaten in a forum hiccup. i've had that happen a couple of times recently when i hit "reply" and the request timed out or the boards went down momentarily.
now that you mention it, it is kind of annoying tho :(

Bloodstar64
10-23-2002, 04:46 PM
Strange, I've never had any of that stuff happen to me before. :(

obi
10-23-2002, 05:42 PM
well, that does suck then. eh, this is the worst case senario, normally, I get sent to the forum index when I click any link.

gdorf
10-23-2002, 06:44 PM
I feel for ya. *pats obi on back*

Starkist
10-23-2002, 06:52 PM
I've had replies lost before, never a whole topic though.

obi
10-23-2002, 08:19 PM
This is then only time I lost a topic after posting it, most of the time, the post box gets cleared and I can't be assed to write it all out again.

I feel for ya. *pats obi on back*
Now what was that ICR thing again?

oh yeah

*obi gives gdorf a nice slice of Starkist's apple pie

:D

Masamune
10-23-2002, 08:22 PM
strange stuff happens to me to. like when i'm making a pos and i hit reply or post thread. and while it's loading i say "oh crap!" and i want to add soemthnig. so i stop it. then i add somethnig. it get's posted twice. with the edited onr and the first one.

Gerudo
10-23-2002, 08:35 PM
ALWAYS copy what you write before you hit the post button... ;)

Paradox
10-23-2002, 08:58 PM
i recall seeing a thread where i remember brian replied to it, but i saw the thread again and his reply isn't there...

Maverick_Zero
10-23-2002, 09:55 PM
That sucks obi, and I'm learning to copy my posts before posting **copies**

Cyclone
10-23-2002, 11:30 PM
The topic is supposed to refresh, so if it doesn't, you better back up a few screens and see what happened. ;)

Cyclone