PDA

View Full Version : Starting point question

RPGAngel
10-22-2002, 01:01 AM
I am doing a short intro in my game where Link starts on a single, overworld screen, then after a few words, you the player walks him into his house. That warps you to another screen, then after some more words, you take him to start the adventure. My question is I can't get ZC to start him where I want him to start. I have the green and blue Link position icons set right as far as I know(at least the start one), but it keeps starting him on the main overwirld in the upper left hand corner( I had orrigionally had him starting on this one). How do I make ZC recognize where I put the start icon? The screen I have it on is set up in dmap area as overworld and L.0. This is my first attempt at an intro.

Cloral
10-22-2002, 01:05 AM
ZC always starts you on dmap 0 when you start a quest the first time. Additionally, it starts you on the screen you specify in the 'continue' field of the dmap. So check what you have these set to.

I would really like to see something under the init data that would allow you to specify which dmap you start on. It would save a bit of work for me and probably others in the future.

ZeldaLord
10-22-2002, 02:45 PM
I don't see a dmap 0. :confuse2: