PDA

View Full Version : Tetris Attack Begins

IceMan2x
10-21-2002, 07:52 AM
just play each other when you have the time =P
you can meet on AIM, or on the #AGN chat. if you wanna meet on aim, yahoo!, msn, ICQ, ect. just ask your partner's name here
after the match, report the match here.
best of 3, on level um... whatever the medium one was (i'm at school =P)
-Round 1-
Iceman2x (YAY Setzer)
Me2

EWild
Cyclone

Thunderbird
EIHoppe

Darunia
Maverick_Zero

-Substitutes-
El Oso Verde
Ruler26
Fiyerstorm

AlexMax
10-21-2002, 09:42 AM
Damnit...I would have signed up, had I the time or skill.

El Oso Verde
10-21-2002, 11:40 AM
What irc server is #AGN on?

Fiyerstorm
10-21-2002, 12:20 PM
Subsitute? Oh na-ah.

IceMan2x
10-21-2002, 07:58 PM
hey, you signed up late, if you signed up earlier, you woudla got a spot... now start playing matches, peoples >=|

El Oso Verde
10-21-2002, 10:16 PM
Could someone please tell me what server the AGN irc chatroom is on?

jman2050
10-21-2002, 10:59 PM
agserver.no-ip.com

IceMan2x
10-22-2002, 11:06 PM
erm come on peoples, start playing o_O its been two days

Thunderbird
10-25-2002, 12:53 AM
My opponent has not responded to my PM. I added him to my buddy list on AIM and I'll bother him that way ;).

ctrl-alt-delete
10-25-2002, 10:43 PM
Hey! I signed up but never got added. And what I meant was I hoped enough people signed up for 16. Can I be a substitute?

Maverick_Zero
10-25-2002, 11:11 PM
Darunia, my aim is m00gle09 if you wish to contact me, caue I can't find any of your posts.

Thunderbird
10-26-2002, 12:34 AM
My opponent has not responded to my PM and I haven't seen him online :|

IceMan2x
10-26-2002, 02:59 AM
Thunderbird: just erm... wait or something... =P thats what i'm doing for Me2 (i'm a lazy person)
ZM: just pretend i added you, i'm too lazy too actually add you right now

Maverick_Zero
10-26-2002, 09:00 AM
I found Darunia's AIM, now I just have to play the waiting game.

Darunia
10-26-2002, 09:33 AM
OK, AIM decided to send me an unknown error and don't let me login, so either use MSN (If you have it ([email protected])) or PM me your IP (Or I find mine and I PM you, what you want)

If I can login, I will IM you ASAP

EDIT: I'm now on AIM!!

Maverick_Zero
10-26-2002, 10:03 AM
Okay, can anyone list the steps on how netplay works?

Thunderbird
10-27-2002, 04:05 PM
I can try ;). I've done Tetris Attack over the net before :).

Before you start, you should get the following info down:
Who plans on being the server.
If you are not the server, you need:
The server's IP
The server's port (doesn't have to use the default)
Whether the connection is TCP or UDP

NOTE: Make sure both players have the same version of the ROM, and it must be in SMC form on both sides (if one side only has it zipped, it will not work correctly). I think it also needs the same name, and both players must have ZSNES looking in their ROM directory.

Both players start up ZSNES and go to Netplay. Select Internet (Win version of ZSNES required).

Server player: Set the port, your nickname, and whether to use UDP. Note that your IP is listed in the Netplay box, but if you are behind a router, it will be your local IP.

Client player: Enter the server's IP address, and set the port in the above box. Check your nickname ;). Then click Connect To Server. Make sure the UDP preference matches the server.

Once both players are connected, a chat window opens. Players can discuss which side they will take. The player checkboxes are in this window. If a checkbox is marked with an X, the other player has taken that slot. You have any slots marked with a check (note that you can take more than 1 slot in games that support more than 2 players).

For this tourney, you need not worry about the data options, this is for games that use SRAM saves or savestates may be used (if the two players are playing cooperatively, in which case we are not).

After the settings are done, one player (doesn't matter which) should open the Tetris Attack ROM. If something is not right, an error message will be put in the chat window. If everything checks out, the game will launch on both sides. At this point, you can chat with T, but entering chat text might be a little laggy depending on the connection. Proceed to play your game as if you were both at the SNES/computer ;).

Holy crap, this is the longest post I've ever made here :tongue:

Thunderbird
10-31-2002, 03:10 AM
(yeah I know this is a double post, but note there are a few days between posts :P)

Is it me, or is this tourney going nowhere fast? :( Still no response from my opponent and I haven't seen him online.