PDA

View Full Version : out of date food

deathbyhokie
10-20-2002, 01:06 PM
so i'm sitting here, chowing down on these little boxes of cereal, and i happen to look at the top and see that they're out of date. about a month out of date. but yet they taste fine. so i'm gonna keep eating:tongue: anyway, any of you have this happen

Dracula
10-20-2002, 01:18 PM
Some days, I eat whatever I can, so sometimes I don't look at the date... Boy, I made that mistake, eating a piece of bread, not knowing the fact is was BLUE AND GREEN!!! Still, cereal is still fine after a while, so its still "edible"...

hellebeest
10-20-2002, 01:34 PM
Tasty :D
The blue an green, sounds familier :D,
i didn't have blue or green bread but i had white-ish cheese.
I didn't see it cause it was on the back of that piece a cheese :D

mrz84
10-20-2002, 01:41 PM
i always eat food before this happens. :kawaii: because i eat a lot but i don't gain a lot of weight for some reason. where does it go? and why am i going off topic? oh well, i think that bread that gains anything unsightly is trash. example: a patch of green that is aboot an inch in diemeter. :kawaii:

stormwatcheagle
10-20-2002, 02:50 PM
yeah, stuff is still good a little wile after the expiration date. depending of the food it has differnt statutes of limitations.

Dracula
10-20-2002, 02:55 PM
The good thing about sugar is, it never goes bad!!! (unless its exposed to moisture, but that's different...)

El Oso Verde
10-20-2002, 03:34 PM
Like Homer says about Springfield water: "If it's brown, drink it down. If it's black, send it back."

Maverick_Zero
10-20-2002, 03:44 PM
Heh, If it's brown drink it down. I didn't know ceral went bad.

deathbyhokie
10-20-2002, 04:35 PM
it tasted ok. actually i threw out a little box of corn pops because it was soft and not crunchy. kinda like it was stale

The Savior
10-20-2002, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by stormwatcheagle
yeah, stuff is still good a little wile after the expiration date. depending of the food it has differnt statutes of limitations.

FYI, statute of limitations is something completely differant, which I don't feel like explaining right now. I eat expired food semi-frequently because our school is poor. :shrug:

Tygore
10-20-2002, 05:04 PM
If I let food last long enough to go bad, it was crap to begin with.

slothman
10-20-2002, 07:21 PM
Did you guys know that honey never goes bad? It's that only substance to do so other than stuff like air and water. It does crystalize but that can be remedied by heating it up slightly.
Green food. Maybe that's the real reason Sam-I-Am's friend didn't want to eat the green eggs; they had mold on them.

Dracula
10-20-2002, 07:45 PM
My belief on food is...

"If it doesn't kill you, it's perfectly healthy..."

Lone Wolf
10-20-2002, 07:48 PM
I eat whatever, it all comes out the same at the end.

slayer6896
10-20-2002, 09:09 PM
sometimes if i know it is not something that is going to kill me.

Cyclone
10-20-2002, 09:43 PM
Strategy for milk. If you buy three bags (in the bigger bag, designed for the little holders), but don't happen to use a lot of milk, freeze the other two and thaw them as you near finishing the first two.

My mother started that here. The milk tastes funny at first, but give it more than 24 hours to thaw and it's not THAT different.

Cyclone

Jemsee
10-20-2002, 09:54 PM
This thread reminds me of that anti-smoking commercial where the guys are eating stale cereal and the milk comes out in chunks, but when the guy lights up they all say "That’s gross".

As far as the date goes I check it when buying, but not when eating. I'll buy the freshest I can get off the shelf, but after I get it home and say it's a week after the expiration date it's a sniff and taste thing.

Drunken Tiger
10-21-2002, 03:12 AM
I always eat out of date food..

Whatever doesnt kill you makes you stronger....

slothman
10-21-2002, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by Cyclone
... it's not THAT different. Cyclone

I think even skim milk is "THAT" different.
Non cold items I only look at the date when bought but for cold items I usually look both when I buy and eat/drink.

Axel
10-21-2002, 08:01 AM
I eat anything, I actually prefer stale rice crispies. not that alot of food around here lasts long enough to go bad...