PDA

View Full Version : ok, a webserving problem...

Gerudo
10-19-2002, 07:58 AM
ok i am at wits end here... my bro keeps disabling my webserver that i have on his comp, because i am behind his... now, is there any possible way to have a webserver on my comp? it would solve ALL my problems...

my bro's comp has win2k, and i run XP... he is the primary comp, as i am the secondary, so his scrambles my ip, making any webserving program useless... please help...

Jemsee
10-19-2002, 08:17 AM
It seems you have complained about being behind your brothers PC befor.
Best thing I can suggest is to get out from behind it.
There are various ways to "share" the IP connection rather than to have to go through another PC.
You need a strait shot to the IP feed by means of a router or somthing. Its the only way.

Gerudo
10-19-2002, 08:42 AM
i do have a router... he is so anal about me not having my own .com, or my own ip, yet he continues to shut down the webserver... i dont get it...

ugh...

Jemsee
10-19-2002, 09:11 AM
I don't get it eather.
Your PC is connected to the router, right?
Router to IP? Then unless he has access to yours through filesharing how can he shut you down?
If you are connected to his PC in any way and not strait to router, that's what needs to change, or disable filesharing on your PC if that is how he is shuting you down.
Don't know what else to say, 'cept maybe Inori or some one with more PC sence may help you.

gdorf
10-19-2002, 04:35 PM
If you have a router it should matter, but I am willing to bet that is not the case.

Do me a favor and:
click on start -> run -> "winipcfg"

if you have anything besides a local network Ip (eg 192.168.*.* or 10.*.*.*) then you probably don't have a router. Routers only cost about 70-90, and are well worth it. I recommend a Linksys router. (http://www.linksys.com/Products/product.asp?grid=23&prid=20) It has great options, and will never let you down.