PDA

View Full Version : Semi-n00b question here

Mart
10-19-2002, 02:01 AM
Last time I used ZQuest is when 1.90 was the newest thing around, so now I'm stuck with this problem:

I'm making a "classic type" quest and I'm trying to make a dungeon, but for some odd reason, the palette used is 0 (overworld palette), when I specifically choose palette number 1. So whenever I enter the dungeon, it uses overworld color (which gives an ugly look to the dungeon, to say the least). What could I have possibly forgotten to do?

Thanks in advance.

C-Dawg
10-19-2002, 02:44 AM
You need to do more than press "1" when you're editing the quest. When you set up the Dmap, make sure you've changed the color used to 1 in the DMAP EDITOR SCREEN... the colors you see in Zquest really have no bearing to the actual game. It's all based on the Dmap editor.

-C

Mart
10-19-2002, 02:50 AM
Thanks for pointing this out. Didn't noticed that at first. That's what you get for assuming and not paying attention. :shrug:

Jigglysaint
10-19-2002, 02:45 PM
More advice: Get beta 163 is you haven't already and your computer can handle it.

Mart
10-19-2002, 08:40 PM
That's what I have. That's why I mentionned that last time I used Zquest 1.90 was the hottest thing around. Some stuff changed and isn't displayed as it was on 1.90, so when I read the tutorial, I was a bit lost, but now I think I'm getting used to 163.