PDA

View Full Version : Well, some thought it wasn't gonna happen... But now there's reason to believe...

Dracula
10-18-2002, 07:34 PM
Remember a WHILE back, I made this thread saying that GTA3 for GBA might be 3D? Some people said it will never happen, or it will only be in 2D, or some said it would be cool having a portable hooker, or saome people said it would suck either way, or that I'm retarded for thinking it will be 3D, and other stuff... well... some of that hurt... Just to let you know... Anywho, why did I make another thread about this? Here's why...

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/screenindex/0,11104,554414,00.html

Now, I KNOW this isn't GTA3... This is Driver 2... for GBA... It's actually somewhat 3D... When I first heard about Driver 2 being ported to the GBA, I thought it was gonna be top-down bird's-eye view... Just like GTA/2... I guess I was wrong... Now, some of these pics are low quality, but I'm looking foward to this... It looks like a fair-looking game, it might be worth a try... Still, I'm still worried about GTA3... I wonder if this will be a smooth action for 3D, IF it is 3D... If it weren't for Driver 2 in the first place, GTA3 probably wouldn't be what it is now... So, hopefully this will help Rockstar make their best game a handheld...

El Oso Verde
10-18-2002, 07:44 PM
What's the point? It just seems silly to me.

Tygore
10-18-2002, 08:02 PM
THOSE SCREENSHOTS ARE GBA?

Amazing...

AlexMax
10-18-2002, 09:57 PM
CHrist on a bicycle...those shots are AMAZING!!1111

Blonde799
10-18-2002, 10:37 PM
OOOhhhhh, pretty pixels....:D Best GBA shots this side of GS.

MottZilla
10-19-2002, 01:18 AM
Those are amazing? They are on the same level as low res doom graphics. I don't doubt they could port GTA3 to Gba, but it will no be anything like the ps2 or pc versions.

Blonde799
10-19-2002, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Mottzilla
Those are amazing? They are on the same level as low res doom graphics.
We already know that, but ya gotta give the GBA some credit for pulling this kinda stuff off.:)

MottZilla
10-19-2002, 04:34 PM
Um. The snes was able to pull off Doom in a much better quality than those screenshots shown.

Flash Man
10-19-2002, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Blonde799
We already know that, but ya gotta give the GBA some credit for pulling this kinda stuff off.:)
Don't you hate stupidity.

MottZilla
10-19-2002, 08:53 PM
Well not to sound mean like you did, but ya, see, the GBA is supposed to be a much more powerful 32 bit system, yet, SNES is still far more entertaining and has pulled off much better looking graphics.

Blonde799
10-19-2002, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Flash Man
Don't you hate stupidity.
*Points to Flash Man*
Yes, I do. :tongue: Mottz, I'm just amazed that the GBA might have the possibility of a nice port of a 3D game, minus the detail.:rolleyes: Although, it may not be truly possible, it's nice to know that the GBA might be able to do what I thought was impossible. It's an opinion anyway, so I don't know why you're so riled up.:confuse2:

In other words, I had low expectations, that's all.

MottZilla
10-19-2002, 08:57 PM
Ah ok. Well like I said, as long as you aren't expecting decent 3D and realize how dull it'll be. Anyways, personally I think that driver 2 looks like shit.

Tygore
10-19-2002, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Mottzilla
Well not to sound mean like you did, but ya, see, the GBA is supposed to be a much more powerful 32 bit system, yet, SNES is still far more entertaining and has pulled off much better looking graphics.

Keep in mind, GBA is young. As developes learn the system, better things come. Most graphically supirior titles came later in the SNES's life.

Blonde799
10-19-2002, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Tygore
Keep in mind, GBA is young. As developes learn the system, better things come. Most graphically supirior titles came later in the SNES's life.
This is why I like the PS2 best. Developers had time to improve, and look what came out. Very nice games that I didn't think could fit on a DVD. Compared to it's 3D counterpart, Driver 2 does definitely look shitty. But hey, it's a handheld.:rolleyes:

mrz84
10-19-2002, 11:03 PM
a handheld with a vengeance! *on a sugar high to get over a depression* :goofy: MWHAHAHAHAHA!