PDA

View Full Version : Oh, you meant ZERO tolerance!

DarkDragoonX
10-18-2002, 05:26 PM
Hmm. In the paper today, it said that the Vatican is "redesigning it's 'zero tolerance' policy towards sexual abuse."

Redesigning? So what, before they only had a 0.37 tolerance policy or something?

KINGOFALLME2
10-18-2002, 05:29 PM
I'm not TO sure myself hmmm.........

deathbyhokie
10-18-2002, 06:31 PM
they might be redifining what is covered under the zero tolarence rule

slothman
10-18-2002, 09:39 PM
When they say "non-zero" tolerance they probably mean that a priest who does something bad won't automatically be thrown out but send to a monastary or something. A 37% tolerance policy is funny though. That reminds me of the 5% solution.

Menokh
10-18-2002, 10:00 PM
I read in todays paper this tidbit of information.

Yesterday the American Bishops came up with a plan for how the American Church would deal with sex abuse cases. One part of it called for automatic dismisal of a priest who is found guilty of sex abuse(which makes sense since Priests are not supposed to have sex, much less abuse it).

Well the Vatican seems to care more about Priests that thier Flock. The Vatican has rejected the American Bishops' plan, because the disagreed with the automatic dismissal part.

teddyboy420
10-18-2002, 10:22 PM
I kind of agreed with the American Bishops, I think zero tolerance is a good policy, especially considering what it's zero tolerance of. I can't understand why the Vatican would not want such a policy, especially b/c like Menokh said, they're not supposed to be having sex anyway. The only thing I can think of is this, not many people are signing up to be priests these days, so maybe they're trying to keep who they can. But why would they want a preist like that anyway???? :confused:

I am Roman Catholic, and I know that the Vatican has done some rotten things before, they are human afterall. This is another reason thing I can think of why they wouldn't get rid of a preist who molested someone after the first time. Priests are human after all, and as such they have flaws, and thus, should be given the chance to reconcile their sins like everyone else.

Menokh
10-18-2002, 10:28 PM
The thing is Zero tolerance means Zero tolerance...

Plus sex abuse is taken VERY seriously among everybody else, we aren't given a chance to reconcile for our sins, so why should they?

MottZilla
10-19-2002, 12:58 AM
The fact is those preiss should be in jail, not having their little church drama. I say less stupid church debate and more throwing them away with buba in prison.

stormwatcheagle
10-19-2002, 02:48 AM
I'm with ya there Mott.