PDA

View Full Version : What will they think of next?

Kirby of Doom
10-18-2002, 02:36 PM
Ok, so I go online and guess what article I see posted on AOL? It's about how they're coming out with a soda machine that uses a sound laser to say stuff in your head. Here's their link to the article about that stuff in Popular Science: The Article (http://www.popsci.com/popsci/science/article/0,12543,351353,00.html)
Ok, now my question is what genius came up with this crazy idea? This will be very annoying if it comes out. But it is kinda cool though. :D

Saffith
10-18-2002, 02:42 PM
Annoying, yes. And it sort of seems like a waste of money. It's not like I'm about to forget to drink Coke.
Still, it'll probably work, somewhat. Stupid stuff like that is always more effective than I'd like. But really, couldn't we think of a slightly better use for our new sound laser thingies?

deathbyhokie
10-18-2002, 02:48 PM
that would be incredibly annoying. as if they don't have enough advertising around. they're starting to put it on bathroom stall doors now. and right above the urinals too. that is excessive

Menokh
10-18-2002, 02:49 PM
Can you say subliminal advertisement?

That is what this WILL be used for. Many people will think the voices are coming from thier head and will listen to them.

Scary thought, eh?

Dark_Legend
10-18-2002, 03:42 PM
They are SO ANNOYING!

SSJDragon420
10-18-2002, 04:17 PM
Wtf...
Are they trying to mind control us so we drink pop? lol

Dark_Xero
10-18-2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Dark_Legend
They are SO ANNOYING!

Read the whole message. they aren't out yet.

bigjoe
10-18-2002, 04:31 PM
I dont wanna live in that kind of world :( As if what I already hear isnt enough

SSJDragon420
10-18-2002, 04:38 PM
Thats insane if they put that out. They may as well make them walk too lol.

Cyclone
10-18-2002, 11:27 PM
I can see it now.

Consumer walking by a Coke machine.
Machine sends subliminal thought to comsumer's mind: You will buy a Coke.
Consumer stops, turns around, and buys a Coke.

:shrug: The things they'll do, these days.

Cyclone

mike5000
10-18-2002, 11:43 PM
Hey speaking of vending machines the Schools coke machine ripped me off today!!!! I heard it drop, put my arm inside it, couldnt find it! Then I had sombody else buy a pop, and theres came out fine!~!! I was sooo pissed!

Cyclone
10-19-2002, 12:34 AM
That is where you go to the cafeteria and tell them what happened, see...

Cyclone

Dracula
10-19-2002, 09:06 AM
You know, its kind of a fact, that if something reminds you of a drinking fluid, you start to get a little thirsty... So, these lil messages are just gonna remind you of a drink, and you're pretty much screwed... you buy a pop...

That, or you walk by a Pepsi machine with Britney Spears on it, and you hear a really annoying voice sing that stupid Pepsi song, and you're pretty much screwed... you buy a shotgun...

Cyclone
10-19-2002, 11:15 AM
:rofl:

Consumer walks by vending machine.
Machine plays Britney Spears' Pepsi themesong, followed by "Sometime".
Consumer buys shotgun, returns to machine.

BLAM!!

Cyclone

deathbyhokie
10-19-2002, 11:17 AM
actually besides the criminal nature of using these in vending machines, can u imangine making a surround sound systemwith these? that would rock

Cyclone
10-19-2002, 11:23 AM
Yes, that example is indicated. It works.

Plus the neoghbours next door would be a good use for it during the summer. No more music-all-might heard from my place...

Cyclone

Kirby of Doom
10-23-2002, 05:54 PM
Virtual Surround Sound Consumer turns volume up to max...
Virtual Surround Sound Consumer's brain explodes!

Yoshiman
10-23-2002, 09:26 PM
Consumer walks by Britney Spears Pepsi machine
Voice of Britney: OOPS I DID IT AGAIN!!! I PLAYED WITH YOUR MIND!! GOT LOST IN YOUR THIRST!!
Consumer: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! *dies*

Maverick_Zero
10-23-2002, 09:39 PM
Think if they had personal versions of these things, and you could set a radius, so everyone within say 10ft could hear your music or something like that. But no they have to use it for advertisment.

And if there is a coke and a pepsi machine next to each other

Pepsi: Buy a pepsi dude, it's cool.
Coke: Coke is way cooler then that pepsi bitch.
Pepsi: Don't listen to that idiot, buy me.
Coke: NO, BUY ME.
Then they'll take everything over and put our minds in a fake dream world or Matrix, just remeber that there is no spoon.