PDA

View Full Version : more quest problems

annnot
10-18-2002, 04:40 AM
:confuse2: I am totaling confused.

· (Creating a shop isn't much different than creating just any old cave. Begin by repeating the five steps that were hyperlinked above. )

This is on page 2-6 of the zquest tutorial. I do not know what five steps it is talking about. When making the cave and I am making the shop one ( page 2-6) Does the map number and the continue numbers change. One more thing I tried making part of teh quest like in the tutorial when Link goes in the cave all he does is keep walking in over and over The only thing I can do is exit out, there isn't anything in the cave like I put in there. I am using Zquest 192. Thanks for listening.

ShadowTiger
10-18-2002, 07:52 AM
If screen 80 is a regular shop layout (I.e. looks like a house..) you can use it as a shop, because it does look like it could be a shop. This is for graphical reasons, of course.

Did you assign the room to a shop? (Hit R to do it.) Then did you assign the shop type? (Hit A to do that after you've assigned it as a shop.) You have all the shop paraphernalia set up, right? (In Quest-->Misc.-->Shop Types , i think.) And the cave tile you enter is actually a cave tile, right? Not just a black tile. When you hit F10 on the screen where you enter the house or cave, the tile warp box comes up. Have it standard. I.e. don't do anything to that screen warp. It'll think you're sending it somewhere instead of the standard shop/room template area.

Good luck. I'll try to clarify anything for you, if you didn't understand something. Or you can ask someone else. We're all good. ;)

annnot
10-18-2002, 01:54 PM
I mad my shop as in the tutorial but when I tried mu quest it was empty. Do I have to use a different number each time I use a dmap. Thanks again. Sorry for being such a pain.

Jigglysaint
10-18-2002, 02:24 PM
You could have posted this in your other thread, or if you were the last one to post you could have edited that.

As for the shops. It's not that hard. First of all, caves do not work on any level except for level 0, an overworld. You set the room type, shop type, made sure that the tile warp was blank and set to cave/item warp(default setting)? You see, you do not actually warp into a shop, the game is set up so that all you need are a cave in screen 80, and the room fields filled in. If you use the cave/item warp warp, it automanacially points to room 80. hope this helps. If this thread is gone it might be in with your other shop post.

annnot
10-18-2002, 02:59 PM
Thanks.

Jigglysaint
10-18-2002, 03:11 PM
Your welcome.

Gotenks2K
10-21-2002, 05:53 PM
Yes, thank you Jigglysaint. I have a pretty good teacher. Britannianhero4 is very kind to help me. He's only 5 minutes away! :D

Do you actually think I'm just a shell name for him? :laughing: That's outrageous! :laughing: I can post every Monday and Wednesday evenings. Or everyday, if that's your cup of tea.

As for this cave thing, I don't see what the big deal is. Why does everything have to be so complicated, when we can just make a new scene for the shop, complete with pots on the walls, and the goods on shelves? I did that, (With BH4's help.) and it looks great. It's really not too hard.

Jigglysaint
10-21-2002, 05:57 PM
Sorry, I'm a Latter-Day Saint, I don't do tea thank your very much.:)

Gotenks2K
10-21-2002, 06:01 PM
I hate tea. I have this saying: "It's the best thing since sliced tea." Laugh at that for me, will you ?

annnot
10-21-2002, 06:32 PM
I finally was able to do a shop and it tested alright, but now I am having problems with dungeons. After making my dungeon I tested my quest and I start at the dungeon and I can't go out to the rest of my quest. I have tried to make a dungeon several times and I always end up starting at the dungeon instead of at the beginning of the game. Any idea what I am doing wrong. I sure can't figure it out. Could it be that I am using instructions for 1.84 and I am using 1.92? Thanks.

Jigglysaint
10-21-2002, 06:46 PM
Ya that could be it. Uncheck the box that says "continue here". You only need the continue co-ordinates, the check box makes the game start there if you save. Also, Link allways starts at dungeon map 0, so allways make that the area you begin the game in.

Verbatim
10-23-2002, 07:08 PM
JS...I'm afraid I'm going to have to say that's the most confusing statement I've ever seen you post...

ZC always starts on Dmap 1 initially (there isn't a Dmap zero), in the room specified where it says "continue 0x00" by default...set that to be the number for the room you want Link to start out in intially.

If the player dies and chooses continue, he always starts out on the level he died on...either at the room specified by the continue field (if it's an overworld or a cave Dmap), or where the last enterance/exit warp was, if it's a dungeon Dmap.

If you check the "continue here" checkbox on a Dmap, then the player will continue on that Dmap when he continues his saved game, if it was the last Dmap he entered which had "continue here" checked before he saved the game.