PDA

View Full Version : Time Splitters 2

Parn
10-17-2002, 10:22 PM
This game is made by the team that made Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. The reviews are in, IGN gave it 9.1 for the Game Cube. Suddenly it doesn't seem so bad that the Game Cube lost Perfect Dark.

Thunderbird
10-17-2002, 11:00 PM
Rareware?

I saw a commercial for what I think was this game, but all I saw were PS2 and Xbox logos (it went by kinda quick though).

Michael Moore
10-17-2002, 11:22 PM
Well, lots of people were excited about this game, here it is....

Jemsee
10-18-2002, 12:25 AM
I got a demo of that in the mail from Eidos.
Don't know how, must have registered somthing somewhere.
Anyway it had a demo of Time Splitters 2 and Hitman 2: silent assassin.
It also had trailers of the new Tomb Raider (that looks hot) and Legaia 2.
Time Splitters was fun to play, lots to do and explore even in the demo. I just may pick it up. Just wish these next gen. games weren't so expensive.

Thunderbird
10-18-2002, 01:04 AM
Most games retail at $50 when they first come out. You'll find the occasional $40 game at release, but those are not very common.

DarkPanther
10-18-2002, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Thunderbird
Most games retail at $50 when they first come out. You'll find the occasional $40 game at release, but those are not very common.

They're not very common because to get that tag they're either another Tetris remake, some other arcade classic remake, or produced by something like "In My Garage Studios, Inc." or some other no-name-please-God-buy-my-game-LOOK-IT'S-CHEAPER-THAN-THE-OTHERS-MAYBE-SOME-UNKNOWING-PARENTS-WILL-BUY-IT-FOR-THEIR-KID company.

Dirk the Daring
10-18-2002, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Parn
This game is made by the team that made Goldeneye and Perfect Dark.

Nope, Timesplitters 2 is by Eidos, and they did not do Goldeneye or Peferct Dark. Rare did those. I really enjoyed Rare's games for Nintendo, DK64, Banjo series, Conker, StarFox, I hate that MS bought them out.....

Blonde799
10-18-2002, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Dirk the Daring
Nope, Timesplitters 2 is by Eidos, and they did not do Goldeneye or Peferct Dark. Rare did those. I really enjoyed Rare's games for Nintendo, DK64, Banjo series, Conker, StarFox, I hate that MS bought them out.....
TS2 was developed by Free Radical Design, and published by Eidos. FRD has ex Rare members, which worked on goldeneye a while back, so you could say the team that worked on goldeneye did work on TS2. I've been waiting for this game, simply because the mapmaker can now make..........
*drumroll*
*gasp*
*drumroll stops*
Story mode levels!!!:kawaii:

AlexMax
10-18-2002, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by DarkPanther
They're not very common because to get that tag they're either another Tetris remake, some other arcade classic remake, or produced by something like "In My Garage Studios, Inc." or some other no-name-please-God-buy-my-game-LOOK-IT'S-CHEAPER-THAN-THE-OTHERS-MAYBE-SOME-UNKNOWING-PARENTS-WILL-BUY-IT-FOR-THEIR-KID company.

DDR MAX USA will be $39 from some retailers when it is released, I beleive. IGN rated it 9.3.

You were saying...?

Dirk the Daring
10-18-2002, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Blonde799
TS2 was developed by Free Radical Design, and published by Eidos. FRD has ex Rare members, which worked on goldeneye a while back, so you could say the team that worked on goldeneye did work on TS2.

Ah, I did not know that about FRD, thanks!!

Maverick_Zero
10-18-2002, 04:59 PM
\ Is it a normal shooter, or a shooter like House of The Dead 2, which is track based ( I think thats what they call it.) /

Blonde799
10-18-2002, 05:10 PM
It's a normal, arcade like, and very fast paced, FPS.:D

EWild
10-18-2002, 05:14 PM
AWSOME GAME! I just bought it. It's for the Cube also. And I have to say, my favourite FPS to date. Beats Goldeneye, PD, and... HALO! Yes, Halo. 9.75/10

Blonde799
10-18-2002, 05:18 PM
I knew it was better than Halo.:blah:
Unfortunately though, there's really little difference between the different versions. Either version is great.

I can't wait to make story mode levels, complete with guns, monkeys, and...............I think I'll just buy it now.:D

EWild
10-18-2002, 05:47 PM
Do it, you won't be dissapointed. :D

Parn
10-18-2002, 09:55 PM
IGN gave TimeSplitters 2 a 9.1 for xbox and gamecube, 9.2 for plastation 2.