PDA

View Full Version : Game Boy Advance 2

War Lord
10-16-2002, 07:38 PM
I found this while surfing the net, I wish I knew if it were true or not. If it is true, I don't wanna buy a GBA just yet.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jr.newton/GBAC/gba2/edge1.jpg

jman2050
10-16-2002, 07:46 PM
I wouln't count on it. Still, if it were true it would be pretty nice. I've wanted backlighting for some time now. And the four button layout would solve most of the control problems.

Still, I'm a bit skeptical...

Link 101
10-16-2002, 07:49 PM
That looks kind of like a regular GBA. Even if it is true, it probably won't come out for a while.

Yoshiman
10-16-2002, 08:12 PM
Yeah right. A backlit system would use up battery power too fast. The Game Gear ate up 6 batteries in 2 hours!

Mak-X
10-16-2002, 08:14 PM
They probably should have done that from the start. And had better sound quality. I haven't played any GBA games besides Castlevania: CoTM and SMW in store, but SMW is noticeably less quality than the SNES version. Yoshi's Island as well from the Extended Play review. A Link to the Past will probably be hit too.

I dunno about the flip top though, I think would just be fine with the current GBA style and with 4 buttons.

Cloral
10-16-2002, 08:20 PM
It says that Yoshi's Island would take advantage of the new features, but Yoshi's Island is already out! This is fake.

matthew986
10-16-2002, 08:55 PM
I think they should have added the 4 buttons from the beginning. It would make the SNES ports alot better (Im a little skeptical LttP can be pulled off with only 2).

Mak-X
10-16-2002, 10:46 PM
The only times L and R were used in A Link to the Past were for the overworld map screen I think.

Michael Moore
10-16-2002, 10:59 PM
Well it won't come out for awhile. To the fact GBA just came out not too long ago.

Blonde799
10-16-2002, 11:12 PM
That looks too good to be true. Perfection only looks good standing still ya know.:laughing:

El Oso Verde
10-17-2002, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Yoshiman
Yeah right. A backlit system would use up battery power too fast. The Game Gear ate up 6 batteries in 2 hours!

Yes, but the Game Gear was old technology. I've spoken with people who had installed their own afterburner light systems and they say that it doesn't really take much extra power. It only cuts the battery life by maybe an hour or two if you have it on full brighness the entire time.

I know the afterburners aren't exactly backlights, but there are pocket pc's out there that use high resolution backlit screens larger than the GBA's and they get pretty good battery life even though they also have to run a more powerful system.

MottZilla
10-17-2002, 12:34 AM
Cloral, it's a European magizine I believe, in which case it may be quite real. I wouldn't doubt that nintendo was contemplating a backlit GBA. However, as with any product it may be left on the drawing board and prototype stage.

However if you want a GBA that's got a back light, the AfterBurner kit (I think that's the name) can be bought at gbxemu.com

vegeta1215
10-17-2002, 12:50 AM
I don't think Nintendo would release a new handheld any time in the near future. They already dominate the handheld market, and GBAs are selling like crazy. I mean, it's not like the GBA isn't powerful enough to produce nice games for a few years to come.

MottZilla
10-17-2002, 12:54 AM
I don't think it's a "new" handheld, but a new version of the gba that's backlit.

mrz84
10-17-2002, 03:00 AM
gba2? or not gba2? that.....is the question. and before i continue i must say this: this looks too good to be true. :kawaii:

Mario
10-17-2002, 04:06 AM
It looks like the current GBA should have looked! GBA´s 2 buttons aren´t enough. But if the next GBA will look like that, all I can say is yippee!

Demimore
10-17-2002, 04:26 AM
I believe this isn't true, Nintendo has never made anything "2" and will, hopefully never do, besides the GBA is very new and the leading postable machine, so, probably, it will take a while before they make a new one....
BTW, I HATE when they do something "2" it's why not find a new name??! Have they NO IMAGINATION!! IT'S MAKING ME MAD!!! :angry: Besides, I hate Sony and Microsoft!

El Oso Verde
10-17-2002, 11:19 AM
I like the 4 buttons and backlight idea, but I'm not too fond of the whole flip-top thing.