PDA

View Full Version : Smartest 12-year-old I've ever seen...

AtmaWeapon
10-16-2002, 01:51 PM
http://www.theregus.com/content/4/26670.html

Actual site:
http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:HCFG1sG-FIMJ:www.microsoft.com/insider/reference/encartareferencelbrary2003_researchpaper.asp

OK, what the crap is MS thinking? No one on Earth would believe this BS article about a "12 year old" who is writing a better book report on A Tale of Two Cities than I can. WHAT IS YOUR DEAL MS? WE'RE NOT THAT DUMB!

Our first assignment this year was to read a historical novel and then give a presentation about it to the rest of the class in which we talk about the historical events that occur in the book and the real-life people who were around at the time.
Ah. I remember my seventh-grade thesis pap-- wait a minute... I never did anything that complex in 7th grade! Where does this kid go to school?

... I read the book over the weekend ...

That's some good speed-reading you got there, Johnny.

Now, with each new assignment, I am prepared to jump right into the work and find exactly the tools and information I need. My teachers think I'm a genius. My parents can't believe how much I enjoy doing my homework. And, I have to say, I'm really learning about a lot of people and places that I didn't even know were out there.
Now THAT doesn't sound like something a PR firm would come up with at all...

Two strikes for MS. I wonder what their third false article will be? Perhaps an unborn fetus discussing how his pocket PC running Windows CE makes sure he'll be born on time. Maybe the zombie corpse of Adolf Hitler, reanimated by voodoo magic, will tell me how Encarta's comprehensive article on Jewish society convinced him to embrace a new culture.

Menokh
10-16-2002, 01:58 PM
The most complex thing I had to do in 7th grade was a small 3 page report(double spaced, 12 point font) on something or other.

We never had to read anythihg that big. I don;t think kids here have to read that until 10th grade... Sounds nothing like any 12 year old I've ever seen.

But nonetheless, Ms seems to have pulled it and admitted it is another false testimonial, similar to the Mac to PC 'convert'. What PR 'genius' is coming up with these things?!

deathbyhokie
10-16-2002, 02:01 PM
ms is screwing up all over. yet i will stick with windows XP. love my XP

Verman
10-16-2002, 02:03 PM
That is friggin funny as hell...My god how dumb can M$ get?

Why stoop so low? what are they trying to prove? Dumb idiots.

AtmaWeapon
10-16-2002, 02:06 PM
I think someone in PR needs to lose their job, and get very BAD referrals from MS.

Paradox
10-16-2002, 03:16 PM
the biggest report i had to do was 1 page about the element francium

Yoshiman
10-16-2002, 04:12 PM
How can someone like homework?! Homework is EEEEEVVVVVVIIIIIILLLL!!!

Warlock
10-16-2002, 04:45 PM
LMAO.. You know with this, and that shockwave Nintendo-bashing thing they came up with, it's a surprise Microsoft hasn't fired their marketing commitee yet :D

BTW, there is no #$@%@ way you could get a 12 year old to write that much crap with such a formal tone..

Ich
10-16-2002, 05:09 PM
If I was 12, that stupid, and I was gonna write something on the Microsoft site, I'd put the link to my shockwave video there too. I'd say it's really cool (if I was writing a positive review) and leave it at that. Read over the weekend? Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. I was supposed to read great expectations (something my parents came up with because they were trying to get me to do a book report on a "real" book) in 8th grade, and it took me a total of 4 days (2 school, 2 weekend) of almost nonstop reading and work to do a crappy poster and crappy presentation, AND I STILL DIDN'T FINISH THE BOOK, OR EVEN COME CLOSE TO UNDERSTANDING IT!!! I then proceeded to put all the books by Charles Dickens and similar authors in a box concealed in the attic, with any library cards until the madness ended.

Qusetonui
10-16-2002, 05:12 PM
Who knows? This twelve year old might be a Microsoft android. That is just what I might be thinking.

Hell, even honors classes has not even been like that but Macro$oft is at it again. Go figure, an android working for Macro$oft trying to get them rich. Yahhh! Just shut it, Microsoft. Four words for ya: "YAMM - Yet Another Macro$oft Monopoly".

Ich
10-16-2002, 05:16 PM
I have now taken a vow never to capitalize mircosoft again. They don't deserve it, and they don't know the meaning of the word "capitalism."

IIStasiSII
10-16-2002, 10:48 PM
I cant agree with you fellas. I'm only 15 and look at me... I am the master of debate, I am the literary genius of this age. (BTW, I dont believe i mentioned that I'm taking one year of highschool then moving straight to an Ivy League.)

As for XP (and microsoft for that matter). Do me a favor and throw a firecracker in your ass you circuit snapper/s.

Blonde799
10-16-2002, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by AtmaWeapon
That's some good speed-reading you got there, Johnny.
Yes it is. Teachers started to realize my college reading level in 8th grade and on. I can read any book under 200 pages in a weekend as well(The amount of memory however, depends on how much interest I have for the book. A slight flaw).

Seriously though, MS needs a life, and another goal except "Total domination of the technological world". "Total domination of the cooking world" maybe?:laughing:

AtmaWeapon
10-16-2002, 11:16 PM
Well met, IIStasiSII, but the fact of the matter is MS made up this character, that's why you won't find the page on their official site anymore. It's very rare that a child has such talent at such an early age. Face it; a kid with brains like that doesn't need encarta, he could find what he needed online by himself. Even MS's adult target audience is FAR less intelligent than this whiz kid they made up.

Blonde799
10-16-2002, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by AtmaWeapon
...Even MS's adult target audience is FAR less intelligent than this whiz kid they made up.
Man, that's a lot of sheep.:laughing:

moocow
10-16-2002, 11:53 PM
When I was 12 (7th grade) my reading/writing level was at the same level of an average freshman in college. I could read a 300 page book in about 3 days though. That was pretty much non-stop, because I never did anything when I was younger, besides sit around, read, eat and get fat.