PDA

View Full Version : Who has noticed that I havn't been a AGN for a while?

blckscab
10-16-2002, 02:41 AM
Well, I have recently been having a problem with posting... It isnt a major posting problem but it realy does get on my nerves:angry:
every time I click on submit new thread or submit new post when I have writen what I want to say, It takes about 3 mins just to load up the message sent screen. But in the end, the message sent screen dosnt come up and is now replaced with a bad gateway screen.:angry: :angry: :angry:
Why does this happen!:cry:
Also, there is something else. Some stupid thing called copuserve keeps on coming up and saying:-

CompuServe is in the process of sending you to another page... please wait.

Certain older browsers do not support this feature. If this message is displayed for more than a few seconds, please click here to go on, or contact Customer Service for more information.

This is stopping me from getting to other parts of the forum....
:cry:

and now that I click on subbmit new post, I will surely end up with a bad gateway screen:cry:

Drunken Tiger
10-16-2002, 02:49 AM
That sucks.... Im glad it doesnt happen to me.. :p

Glad your back for now though....

Darunia
10-16-2002, 07:16 AM
I did!

I wondered where it was our favorite can opener! :D

Welcome back!

AtmaWeapon
10-16-2002, 08:34 AM
Good job showing us you didn't even read his post, Darunia! :)

I don't know what to tell you, blkscab. I always thought CompuServe got bought by someone or something. That's really really messed up.

WarOmnimon
10-16-2002, 08:37 AM
Welcome back to the nuthouse... ^_^

deathbyhokie
10-16-2002, 11:05 AM
i don't even know you. but that sux and welcome back

Michael Moore
10-16-2002, 11:51 AM
Like deathbyhokie I don't know you, but welcome back!

Ich
10-16-2002, 12:11 PM
Two ninja turtles in a row... Why don't you go to the library for posting or grade (not upgrade)to aol or switch to att or some other program about as sucky as compuserve but lets you post?

blckscab
10-16-2002, 01:17 PM
wondered where it was our favorite can opener
:laughing: Glad you still remember that :laughing:

grade (not upgrade)to aol

The strange thing is that i already use AOL.:cry:

I don't know you, but welcome back
I dont know you two ether:laughing: a few more people must of joined while I was gone:rolleyes: nice to meet ya!:D

But, compuserve isn't the main problem...
Its this stupid bad gateway thing every time I go on submit reply of submit new post. It takes ages to load and it dosnt even take me to the "thank you for sending a reply" screen. :angry:
I have just got fed up of waiting for 3-5 minuits every time I posted.
Now that I think of it... It started when I had Norton Internet security installed, could this be the cause of the problem?:confuse2: :confused:

AtmaWeapon
10-16-2002, 01:23 PM
It could be. Maybe Norton sends everything through a proxy server, and it's not configured right. Can anyone else with Norton Internet Security verify this? I know my g/f's comp has Norton on it, and it acts all screwy on the internet now.

blckscab
10-16-2002, 01:32 PM
Sorry for posting for no good reason but I need to test if the firewall is doing this:angry: so I have dissabled it and I will edit this post to tell you lot if it has worked.

[edit/]
Wait a sec...Oh my god it actuly worked!!!!!
Maybe it was the fire wall.

Dark_Xero
10-16-2002, 01:47 PM
Hmmm, I'm sure I read somewhere that AGN doesn't work properly with fire walls. Maybe I'm just maknng this up, but I'm SURE i read this somewhere on AGN

AtmaWeapon
10-16-2002, 01:54 PM
Heh. Isn't it ironic that the very software we use to keep our computers healthy totally disables our ability to use them?

blckscab
10-16-2002, 04:42 PM
Its pretty stupid if U ask me:mad:

oh well, now that that has stopped, I should be here more offten :D

MottZilla
10-16-2002, 05:08 PM
Norton tools are shit. Further more on dial up access you shouldn't worry about a firewall unless you are constantly connected for peroids around 24 hours.

NerdWarrior
10-16-2002, 05:15 PM
Who are you? I haven't noticed you at all.
Oh yeah, AOL sucks.

Demimore
10-17-2002, 04:18 AM
I have noticed!

blckscab
10-17-2002, 12:32 PM
I am so glad that people actuly noticed that I was gone:D

[edit/]

ok, back to the compuserve problem,
it came up again when I tryed to get onto ZC disscusion:angry:
I let the compuserve screen take me to were ever it was directing me and I got this:-

You must be a CompuServe Member to view this site.

1. You are unable to access the CompuServe Service for one of three reasons:
You are not a member. Join CompuServe now and get:

Powerful access to the entire Internet,
700 exclusive forums,
Advanced e-mail and search features, and
Expert financial information.
To join CompuServe, Please choose the appropriate link for your location:

UnitedStates/Canada
UnitedKingdom
France
Germany
Netherlands
Other
For conditions and membership details, install trial software.

2.You are a member but you do not have Virtual Key installed on the computer you are currently using. InstallVirtual Key Now.

3.You are a CompuServe 2000 member. You must access this site through your CompuServe 2000 software. If you still can not access the area, contact Customer Service at GO FEEDBACK to report the problem.

What should I do?
:confuse2: :confused:

Aegis Runestone
10-17-2002, 05:59 PM
Dang that sucks, sorry Blck. I don't THINK I know(name's familar) but I saw a screenshot of one of your forest temple dungeons in a ZC quest...Those are amazing...!

I have my firewall on yet I can still post...
Oh and blk I ALSO have Norton internet sercuity....I have no problems...It's the anitvirus I have problems with(every time it ask for a live update I get an illegal operation :p)