PDA

View Full Version : castlevania, metroid, or gradius???

the angry monk
10-15-2002, 12:53 PM
who would be interested in either/or quest being made? i'm currently in the process of castlevania and gradius. i have constructed tiles for castlevania and gradius. i also have two levels made for castlevania already. for gradius, i'm creating the tiles now. i'm gathering tiles for metroid now but haven't started on that one yet. it will take some time as i have a 8-5 job everyday except for weekends, so the only time i have is either at night or on weekends.

Demimore
10-15-2002, 12:55 PM
GRADIUS?!??!?!?!?

I HAVE been working on two different Castlevania quests, but I never finished them..... Nowadays, theyre dead....

Jigglysaint
10-15-2002, 01:49 PM
This looks like it would belong in Qa/d, moving.

C-Dawg
10-15-2002, 02:29 PM
None of the above. Do a Guardian Legend quest.

-C

Blonde799
10-15-2002, 03:13 PM
Yeah, and I'm making a metroid ripoff quest anyway.;)

the angry monk
10-15-2002, 03:31 PM
i've never heard of or even played guardian legends but i did do a search on it and it looks cool. i might try that if i can find and play it for a while, to get a feel of the gameplay.

C-Dawg
10-15-2002, 04:58 PM
Play through the whole game. It's easily the best Nes game ever made.

-c

MottZilla
10-15-2002, 05:01 PM
All 3 of those suggestions don't sound like they'd turn out well.

Jigglysaint
10-15-2002, 05:17 PM
BTW, off topic slightly, but I have cracked level data for TGL. I agree, that is one of the best games ever made. A quest would be cool, but it might be hard to pull off.

C-Dawg
10-15-2002, 06:47 PM
Not especially. The overworld section is a no-brainer, and you can make the flying zones work as well. Just set the magic shield graphics to be the ship. Give it to the Guardian as you enter each Zone, and stick em into a Like-Like at the end of each zone. (Give'm a blue ring or more and they wont notice the life loss) The animation for the flying would require alot of tiles, but if you can press the down arrow, you should be able to animate it alright. The enemies can just come at the Guardian in waves that she has to eliminate before the next batch come in... bosses could be handled like any other custom boss.

-C

Jigglysaint
10-15-2002, 07:20 PM
Yes, but what about the computer and lander rooms? They are accessed by keys and warp pads. There has to be a scroll because you can't have four warps leading into four different areas. flying area could be similated by animated combos that loop in a circle and enemies showing up when you enter random pits. It might work.

Knightcrawler
10-15-2002, 10:23 PM
Although TGL is one of my favorite games of all time, I think this quest would be impossible/lame.

C-Dawg
10-15-2002, 11:30 PM
You've answered your own question as far as getting the lander and computer rooms to work. Add on using Boss Flags to simulate Keys, and you're set.

Though of course it doesnt have to be an EXACT remake of the original...

-C

Human_Wormbaby
10-25-2002, 04:27 PM
I was planning on a metroid quest............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ............................................but it would kinda suck.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ah what the hell, im a metroid freak............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........................

PS: sorry about the ........s im trying to make a long post^_^ ^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^

Blonde799
10-25-2002, 04:31 PM
Oh yeah, I'm making a gradius type shooter as we speak. Cheap, but clean.:)