PDA

View Full Version : Ever get confused by the Misc. Color editor? Read on.

Teilyr
10-15-2002, 12:24 PM
Most people know how to use this, but I've decided to explain it to those that don't know how it works.

So if you wanna know too, open ZQ, and play along with me.

http://teilyr.netfirms.com/misccolors.gif

The 2 numbers to the right of each choice represents a cset of the main palette. So, if what you type in is 01, it would be cset 0, and the 1st color of cset 0. 23 is cset 2, 3rd color.

One thing to note is that the text field does not work. The game always looks at it as 01. DN should fix that.

Understand? If not, ask questions. :)

Demimore
10-15-2002, 12:38 PM
Hehe, I understand.... The reason? I ALREADY KNEW IT!!! lol!

Teilyr
10-15-2002, 12:39 PM
Which is why I said this was for people that didn't get it.. :sweat:

Demimore
10-15-2002, 12:42 PM
I know..... I'm sorry, it won t happen again..... :)

ShadowTiger
10-16-2002, 10:27 AM
Thank you Teilyr, some of us already got it, but now that you mentioned it, (And rest assured, we are grateful regardless for your selflessness. :) ) I was always wondering as to why it skipped straight from 0, to 1, to 5! Oh wait, I think I know why. I'll tell you why right now.

Csets 0, 1, and 5 are "main Csets." 2-4 are level oriented csets, and will usually appear in the upper 3 slots of each level palatte. 0, 1, and 5 are main palattes, and will be referred to as regular constants in any level, regardless of what your level palatte is. That makes it very handy to have a couple of overworld palattes in every cset, (I.e. 0, 1, and 5.) so you can have dirt or something without any change in level palatte. It's good to have a couple of overworld csets in any other level pallate. Enjoy! :D

And thank you again, Teilyr, for your self-less-ness. The world admires those who do things for others without anything in return.