PDA

View Full Version : Families

Jigglysaint
10-12-2002, 11:31 PM
There are several types of families. Nuclear, Extended, Single Parents, ect. Which one are you?

More importently, how has things such as death, divorce, or other factors influences your relationship with your family?

I come from the standard family, mother, father, and 2 boys which includes myself and my brother. I am the youngest in my family, which sometimes is a downfall since I am the least productive, I eat the most, I often take what doesn't belong to me, and I tend to be very lazy. For those reasons, and my childish behaviour, I tend to get treated like I am younger, even though I will be 23 in a few weeks. Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I was an only child. not that I do not like my brother, but sometimes I wonder if his presence has anything to do with my shaping of my personality.

Starkist
10-13-2002, 12:35 AM
I am the eldest of two. My parents are divorced, I live with my mum and my sister.

Blonde799
10-13-2002, 12:41 AM
I would say I have no family, but that'd be an overstatement. I just live with my bro, and my adoring library of anime DVDs, and PS2 games.:D

DukenukemX
10-13-2002, 01:05 AM
My parents are still together but you see I'm Greek. If anyone has seen My Big Fat Greek Wedding thats like my family. True in almost every way. Even my father is the same. :p

Tygore
10-13-2002, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by DukenukemX
My parents are still together but you see I'm Greek. If anyone has seen My Big Fat Greek Wedding thats like my family. True in almost every way. Even my father is the same. :p
LOL! loved that movie...

My family is almost the exact same as Jiggly's, except i'm the eldest.

Lilith
10-13-2002, 01:41 AM
I live with both my parents and my younger bro. My family's also sort of like My Big Fat Greek Wedding, but Italian, and with way more issues.

Thunderbird
10-13-2002, 01:42 AM
My parents were divorced at the end of last year :(. I live with my mom now, while my brother spends 1/2 his time with each parent.

Blonde799
10-13-2002, 01:42 AM
Mine was like the families in Titus, having way too many issues, and simply didn't care.

slothman
10-13-2002, 01:55 AM
Since My siblings and myself are old enough we moved out but our family is still nuclear-like. I do see various relatives often though.

gdorf
10-13-2002, 02:11 AM
I live with my older bro and my mon and my dad. Picture perfect happy family. :)

Ibis, God of Magicks
10-13-2002, 02:38 AM
Family is choice, not blood (to me NEways)

The person I consider my mother is JayeM, I consider Blazac to be my brother, and my other close friends are my sisters and brothers.

My bood relatives have disowned me, but its okay. My family is better than anything they could offer.

MottZilla
10-13-2002, 03:01 AM
Currently my parents are still married, but apparently my mom is planning to divorce my dad sometime, not sure when... I rather expected it to happen sometime, but still don't believe they'd ever end this stalemate.

=\ oh well...

Drunken Tiger
10-13-2002, 04:47 AM
Im the standard one.. Two parents, both of oppostie sex;) and one sibling...

goKi
10-13-2002, 06:08 AM
two parents, an older brother, younger sister. i never talk to them.

satanman
10-13-2002, 07:03 AM
2 parents, 2 sisters, I'm the youngest by exactly 9 years, 7 months and 12 days :p
My parents are fine, but one of my sisters is a goth whos into tarot cards and stuff, the other is obsessed with ETs, and has a boyfriend I wouldn't mind as a brother (he's cool, and he's studying philosophy at cambridge).
And I have no life :)
What did my parents do to deserve this?

Dark_Legend
10-13-2002, 09:05 AM
I have two parents but i think that their gonaa get a divorce! OHHHHHHHH.............. WellLLLLLLLLL...... I cant help that! It is life!

Jigglysaint
10-13-2002, 04:23 PM
It must be hard when your family disowns you. Personally, I do look down on people who think it is okay to disown their children. It shows that there must be either not enough love, or love to the point that they feel personally betrayed when that child decides to take another path. I could never imagine what my life would be like if my parents decided that I never was a part of their family, even though sometimes I do feel like I don't quite belong. My heart out to those who suffer in this way.

IceMan2x
10-13-2002, 04:37 PM
well, right now (in this house) its just me, mom, and dad, my other 4 brothers, and 4 sisters moved out =p. i'm the youngest, and there is a 15 year gap between me and my youngest brother, my oldest brother is 35, so yeha, i'm a suprise baby, suprise =D