PDA

View Full Version : Inspiration

DragonFang
10-12-2002, 01:51 AM
I was woundering if anyone want a certen type of quest done? If so could you give me some story/background and what tiles you want me to use? (Must be a already made tileset.)

I was getting a bit bord... I could do some sig pictures but I think this would be more productive.

Teilyr
10-12-2002, 02:09 AM
It's more of the matter of what you want to do, versus other people. Find a fanfic, and make a quest out of it. There's an idea.

Cyclone
10-12-2002, 02:12 AM
Do whatever strikes you. :)

BTW, I've taken the liberty of correcting your spelling of "Inspiration". Might be better for thread attraction. :)

Cyclone

MottZilla
10-12-2002, 02:21 AM
A well done more modern quest, for instance with guns/lasers or something would be interesting as I believe there is a large gap in that area.

DragonFang
10-12-2002, 02:23 AM
Teilyr, I'm not sure what I want to do... once I start I seem to build so quilcky I can't think of what to do next... then I'm stuck... so I was thinking if someone set a guideline for me to follow then I might finish a quest within a month. I always seem to do better when it's for someone else.

Thanks Cyclone.

MottZilla
10-12-2002, 02:34 AM
Sounds like you should plan out your quest before making or starting any work on it.

DragonFang
10-12-2002, 02:39 AM
I would but then it would never get done... I'd always be in the planing stage... Let me take a look through my computer for a quest I could show you....

MottZilla
10-12-2002, 02:45 AM
Then have someone plan with you, to help you keep moving along with it.

DragonFang
10-12-2002, 03:05 AM
Well if theres anyone who wants to work with me on a quest... then sure.

Edit: I added the quest to my sig... It's called ToT.

MottZilla
10-12-2002, 03:27 AM
I would, however I do better work solo. I'm not really a group person.

Teilyr
10-12-2002, 04:04 AM
I would, but I'm busy with my own quest at the moment. Couple of people recently quit my group, so I'm trying to figure all that mess out.

Demimore
10-12-2002, 07:20 AM
The best thing is to play a old SNES/NES/Genesis game, and then do a similiar quest, maybe even with the same tileset. And make sure you plan EVERYTHING before you start building, that way, it gets easier.... :)

Tom
10-12-2002, 08:20 AM
Earthbound, kirby, aliens(the film), worms(the game not real worms) and zelda la remake which would be possible except you might be able to see some of the next screen. They are all games which i want to make but i'm rubbish at making quests so maybe you can help me on one of them.

DragonFang
10-12-2002, 12:28 PM
Ok Tom, I guess zelda la remake. Do you already have part of the quest? (If no please send me the tiles you want to use on it)
And could you send me the story you would like the quest to stick to.

fingolfin
10-12-2002, 03:17 PM
Do whatever you like. For instance, i'm trying to make a LOTR quest.

MottZilla
10-12-2002, 03:19 PM
Zelda, Link's Awakening is a nice idea, however it may by awhile before Roc's Feather is added. I guess you'll have to stick the ladder in, lol.

Tom
10-12-2002, 05:31 PM
oh yeah didnt think of that i guess that ideas gone then

Demimore
10-14-2002, 03:00 AM
links awakening eh? I havent tried that one so much....

ShadowTiger
10-14-2002, 09:43 AM
Vel is doing a quest about Mario and his insanity. You should really check that out. It's a phenominal quest. It's on his sig. There is an example of a really great quest.

Anyway, in order to find a really good idea for your quest, you have to find your muse. (I'll bet a dozen people have an :odd: face right about now...) I found my muse in Renamon from Digimon. I drew her into ZC because I thought she was really cool, and It was actually a very good drawing. I'll make some sort of attempt to upload her pictures with her animations to my geocities account, but ZeldaLord doesn't like it when I do that, apparently.

So once you find your muse, everything else comes easier. An extra perk is the ability to draw tiles really, really well.

DarkSoul
10-14-2002, 11:35 AM
My muse always was Mewtwo. From the moment I saw him, he occupied my every living moment, my dreams, my thoughts, my paper at school, and now I'm trying to get Hero up there to draw him in for me. Nice of him to teach me, and to give me DarkSoul.