PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Feeling Curious?

zables
10-11-2002, 05:47 PM
Heres a little something for ya'll, i was reading on this Site (http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Stadium/5694/CT/secrets.html) that there is apparently some characters that people seem to miss in Crono Trigger, those being Schala and Cyrus,
i was just wondering if an of you guys have tried this and know if it actually works or if its just another rumour that probably doesnt exist but these stupid little buggers seem to insist that it does...

Warlock
10-11-2002, 05:52 PM
Fake.. the only secret character in the game is Magus. I am 100% positive on this.

VEL
10-11-2002, 05:54 PM
Look at the bottom of the page, they say it was an April Fools joke.

Maverick_Zero
10-11-2002, 06:04 PM
Cyrus is dead, Schala is missing, and it's revealed later I'm told in Chrono Cross what happened to her.

zables
10-11-2002, 06:14 PM
well then, i think that pretty much sums it up,
too bad its not realy though huh? it would be cool to play through the game with a different twist like that...

MottZilla
10-11-2002, 06:27 PM
Thanks to the wonder of ROMs you could easily extract the entire script from the game and tell if a rumor is true or not. Also with Cheat Devices you could attempt to find characters that don't normally exsist.

Mak-X
10-11-2002, 07:39 PM
I've done it before. All you do is make sure you enter the code right.

B, B, X, X, Y, Y, L, R, L, R, Up, Down, Left, Right, Select, B, X, Y, O, B, X, L, Left, R, Right, Start & A.

Its not as hard as it seems really. You also have to use the O button a few times when doing the actual tricks in the game after the code.

I've also revived general Leo in Final Fantasy VI and saved Aeris in Final Fantasy VII.

Maverick_Zero
10-11-2002, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Mak-X

I've also revived general Leo in Final Fantasy VI and saved Aeris in Final Fantasy VII.

Who cares about Aeris? Now Leo, HOW'D YOU DO THAT! I heard you couldn't and Square even said you can't revive Leo.

Warlock
10-11-2002, 08:29 PM
I remember reading something awhile ago about Square originally intending to have Aeris revivable in like the 2nd or 3rd disk.. I don't remember the specifics, and it might have been dismissed as fake, I can't remember (I know something was, but I'm not sure if this was it or not). But it made sense, considering how abruptly she disappears and even how difficult it is to get her ultimate weapon in the 1st disk before she dies. Of course, this isn't to say she is revivable and it's hidden or something. If she was originally intended to be revived, that was definately taken out of the final product.. ;)

WarOmnimon
10-11-2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Maverick_Zero
Now Leo, HOW'D YOU DO THAT! I heard you couldn't and Square even said you can't revive Leo.

Two words... Game Genie. ^_^

And Mak... I didn't fall for it. No controller with an O button has Y X B and A, except maybe X on a PlayStation controller. ^_^

MottZilla
10-11-2002, 09:19 PM
Actually with GameShark you can get Aeris back, and you can get playable Sephiroth in your party. You can also get Leo in FF3 through cheating.

I wouldn't doubt in FF7 that they were going to make Aeris revivable. However it didn't make it to the end product which is a shame.

Maverick_Zero
10-11-2002, 09:24 PM
Oh, I meant well, like getting a specail Esper, and then getting an item to revive Leo or something, I don't know.

teddyboy420
10-11-2002, 09:30 PM
I wish they would've allowed you to bring Aeris back in FFVII, she kicked ass, after her there weren't any real good healers. You could turn someone into a healer, but they still weren't as good as her. And she sure did leave abruptly, I didn't see that coming, and started crying when she died :cry:

j/k

Maverick_Zero
10-11-2002, 09:38 PM
\ She wasn't that good, :rolleyes: and once you got Cloud's ultimate weapon, and the 2x cut materia or whatever it's called, who needs healing he hits for at least 8000 something and 9999 on a critcal so thats about 16,000 hp of damage in one hit, plus whoever you attack with next. My perfect team, Tifa, Vince, and Cloud. Tifa's limit break is the best, she hits about 9 or 10 times, with all very powerful attacks. And Vincent I equipped with the w-item, for when I do need to heal, two x-potions coming right up. So, I was kinda relieved when Aeris left, that means I wasn't forced to use here anymore. :D /

Warlock
10-11-2002, 09:54 PM
I don't mind that they killed Aeris. It was a surprising plot point, and it fueled the story.

If I could change something tho, I would have had her killed later on. Maybe at the end of disk 2. Although I suppose at the very least, killing her in disk 1 means that you didn't waste a ton of time developing her for nothing. What would really be awesome, would be if you could somehow get her (perhaps by secret means) for the final battle.. she could be like a spirit or something, and extremely powerful. Then she could kick Sephiroth's ass :D haha.. then at least she could remain dead, but still do something productive :)