PDA

View Full Version : Why not DDR?

AlexMax
10-11-2002, 01:59 PM
People here at the forum seem to have this thing against DDR for some reason or another. Hell, there was one other person who posted about DDR, and he only got a single response (from me).

What do you guys have against it? Or is it that you guys just don't know that much about it...

EWild
10-11-2002, 02:05 PM
I love it. Play it when ever I see a movie. Can't wait to play again. :kawaii: But I guess some people just don't like moving their body I guess. :shrug:

WarOmnimon
10-11-2002, 02:37 PM
It's a fun game! Even I play the dang thing... http://www.contrabandent.com/cwm/s/contrib/blackeye/spidey.gif

MottZilla
10-11-2002, 04:57 PM
I have nothing against it. However I do not have a psx disc & pad, or the time to go to an arcade and play it.

Maverick_Zero
10-11-2002, 05:43 PM
I played it at an anime convention, although, it was fun, but all these sweaty otaku around me, screamin out LEFT, RIGHT, UP, UP YOU DUMBASS I SAID UP. And then these other otaku who had not been playing it singing along to the song, so I don't like to play it in large company.

Warlock
10-11-2002, 06:13 PM
If there was a more neutral option I would have picked it.. I don't hate the game, but at the same time, I have no desire to play it either. I just picked the "no arcade near me has it" since that is true anyways.

AlexMax
10-11-2002, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Maverick_Zero
I played it at an anime convention, although, it was fun, but all these sweaty otaku around me, screamin out LEFT, RIGHT, UP, UP YOU DUMBASS I SAID UP. And then these other otaku who had not been playing it singing along to the song, so I don't like to play it in large company.

I agree. Those people suck.

Thunderbird
10-11-2002, 07:18 PM
I have no problem with DDR :). Hell, it's probably the only reason I was able to get a PS2 :blah: .

There's a 5th Mix machine at the campus arcade where I go to college :kawaii: . Fun fun fun :).

(EDIT)I told one of my fellow clan members about DDR about a week ago. I think he ordered a PS2, Konamix and two pads the same day ;). He was extremely surprised that there was a home version of DDR.

Maverick_Zero
10-11-2002, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by AlexMax
I agree. Those people suck.

Which ones, both? Anway yeah, I've only played it once or twice, and arcades today scare me, so I don't go as much as I used to. Used to go once a week about two years ago, then once a month. Hell I haven't been their in about half a year. Damn punks have ruined my arcade!

teddyboy420
10-11-2002, 09:56 PM
I have nothing against it personally. But I wouldn't play it in an arcade b/c I have NO kinda rythm (sp?). And besides that I haven't been in an arcade in at least a year, and it's not my kind of game anyways, so I wouldn't buy it for PS2.

Thunderbird
10-11-2002, 10:59 PM
One of the people I know doesn't think too highly of dancing games in general ;). This was part of an AIM conversation (couple days ago).

SSC Thunderbird: Dance Dance Revolution is rather hard to play on a PC (properly anyway) 8-)
SSC Thunderbird: There IS a PC version of it though
BlueFlames: You're buying a dance game? Kill yourself... You aren't worthy of life... Then again, you're not worthy of death either, but not too many people unscrupulously torture themselves....
SSC Thunderbird: 8-)
SSC Thunderbird: you have a problem with that? ;)
BlueFlames: As a matter of fact, yes. :-P
SSC Thunderbird: The game has a HUGE fan base
SSC Thunderbird: there is typically a crowd gathered around the 5th Mix arcade machine when I'm around there between 12:30 and 1:30
BlueFlames: Doesn't change the fact that it fits into an entire genre that's very essense is that of a giant mountain of suck.
SSC Thunderbird: each to his own 8-)
SSC Thunderbird: Obviously enough people like it, or it wouldn't have so many different games and spinoffs
SSC Thunderbird: ;)
BlueFlames: Doom has a shitload of spinoffs and sequels... Doesn't make it a great game. :-P

Note: BlueFlames isn't his AIM name, so don't attempt to bother him using that ;).