PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have the E-reader?

Dragon
10-11-2002, 12:55 PM
Well?

Its pretty cool, since I don't have a laptop and want to play classic games on the go. I also thought that Manhole was a pretty addictive game, so I hope that they come out with all the other game and watch games soon.

WarOmnimon
10-11-2002, 01:18 PM
I have it. Plus all five games currently available for it. It's really cool.

vegeta1215
10-11-2002, 04:07 PM
I want one, but I wanna wait till some more classic NES games come out. I really hope they put out alot of the Game and Watch games. I have allt he G&W gb games so far, and they are very fun.

I especially hope they have Zelda/Zelda II or Metroid in e-redaer form :)

Mak-X
10-11-2002, 04:08 PM
It's on my list of "things I want but not as much as other things" list. I'd like to get it but not compared to other stuff. I think its really cool that its basically the Nintendo Entertainment System revived, like with the card packaging. Putting games on cards is really something.

Dragon, if you like the Game and Watch game, look for used copies of Game and Watch Galleries 1-3 for Game Boy and Game Boy Color. Game and Watch Gallery 1 has Manhole, and the updated version where its Yoshi taking care of the man holes so Donkey Kong Jr., Toad, and Mario don't fall in. There's also suppose to be a Game and Watch Gallery Advance which contains some past releases I think.

vegeta1215
10-11-2002, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Mak-X
It's on my list of "things I want but not as much as other things" list. I'd like to get it but not compared to other stuff.

That is the most perfect way tod escribe my situation too. Last time I went to Best Buy I was like, "Wow, e-reader on sale for $40! And look, Castlevania HOD dor $25! I can't pass that up". They have all these things I want coming out. Well, there are only a few I'll definitly get: the new Zeldas, Metroids, and Magical Vacation (if it comes here), regardless of if I have a GCN or not.

The G&W games are well worth their value. You can probably get'm cheap now. The games on the first are probably my fav, but the others have some fun ones too. Of course, you can always go on ebay and buy some originals. I did that and got a copy os Zelda G&W ;) Why it hasn't been included in a G&W gallery yet is beyond me, it is so fun.

Dragon
10-12-2002, 01:46 AM
Well of course I also had to get Castlevania first as well, but fortunately I was on a spending streak. The one question I have about the E-reader is can Zelda even be done for the thing? I mean, can the E-reader do game saves?

MottZilla
10-12-2002, 01:49 AM
I have not heard of any save capabilities in the eReader. I think unless the game is on a "memory card" type cartridge, no saving will be possible.

Mak-X
10-12-2002, 02:01 AM
It's rumored Zelda and Super Mario Bros. are in Animal Crossing...

Zelda would take like, lot's and lot's of cards. I believe the e-Reader has a connector to connect to the GBA->GCN link, so it may be possible to save games on a GCN memory card. The e-Reader does store 1 game at a time but I don't know if it would do saves. You can also download NES games from Animal Crossing to your GBA, and put your GBA into sleep mode to keep the game on it.

I think they should include Zelda and Metroid in the new games, and let you download it to your memory card from the game disc.

If anyone is curious, I have Excitebike and Donkey Kong Classics (DK and DK Jr.) for NES.

stormwatcheagle
10-12-2002, 11:38 AM
My brother got a GBA for his b-day and now i'm tring to convince him to get an e-reader. I want exciteabike. I used to play thet game all day when i was a wee lad. Also, the exclusive pokemon cards.

Warlock
10-12-2002, 11:50 AM
According to IGN, none of the e-reader games currently available save anything.. which kind of sucks. But I don't think it is completely out of the question in the future. Perhaps by either saving something to the e-reader unit or to the GC memory card like Mak-X mentioned..

I'd really like to see Zelda G&W released for the e-reader ;) I've never had a chance to play it, and Nintendo has yet to do the thing in their G&W Gallery titles.. (btw, G&W Gallery for GBA looks friggin' awesome)

Mak-X
10-12-2002, 12:19 PM
None of the current e-Reader games had a save feature before on the NES, and all you would be saving is a high score. But it would be nice to save high scores and tracks in Excitebike. Zelda was the first to have a battery back up. Now Metroid and Kid Icarus is done with a password...
(Mott also suggested a memory card)